5: Anne

I wake up to my alarm going off. My heart pounds in my chest from not only the alarming sound that I haven't heard in almost a year, but also from the fact that tomorrow I was going to be interviewed, and today I was flying in to Chicago. Over the week, Rob helped me prepare for the interview along with multiple Skype call practices infront of the pack. But this was different, and though Rob may have said I was prepared, I definitely didn't feel it now.

I can hear the thumps of my heart even as I brush my teeth. I change into some nice clothes and grab my suitcase. Rob drives me to the airport. "Are you sure you have everything?" ,he asks in a concerned tone.
"Yeah" ,I take back my statement, "No. Rob I can't do this!" I drop my bag on the ground before crumpling down next to it. He helps me up off the ground and into a hug, "Broski, you can do this! I know you can because even if you interview as half as good as you practice you'll sound wonderful! I know you Anne! And I know you are afraid, but don't you realize how important it is to face your fears! And if no one ever faced their's do you really think that the world would be like this today? You can't go your whole entire life hiding from things Anne!" His voice calms but still sounds a little distressed, "I'm sorry for yelling. It's just... I don't know... I just don't want you to blow some amazing opportunity and regret it later like I did..."
I hug him tight, and even though I'm trying my best to keep a semi-okay look on my face it seems extremely hard at the moment, "I'll miss you Rob..." We end the hug and I look up at him. "See you in a few days I guess. Call me when you get the chance, and I packed you some good luck cookies." ,he hands over a package with a smile on his face. I smile back and take the cookies, "Love ya bro!" He replies, "Love you too!" We both walk in separate directions.