31: Melissa

I've never felt this torn apart before. Maybe I'm too attached, maybe I should just calm down, but every time I try to edit my music video my heart drops because I know that my lover is across the ocean from me. Of course I have to finish the video, but everything about it is about Lachlan from the lyrics, to the beat, to the actual video itself. It's killing me, and I never thought this job actually would.

I need to stop, we've only been dating for about a week... But in that small amount of time he changed my world... I take out a sticky note and write out some feelings on it to review for a possible song later. You can make a song out of anything, but the lyrics are the heart of the song. I find myself getting distracted, I snap back out of it and get back to work... I miss him...

It's getting hard to breathe in this stuffy apartment, so I decide to go for a walk. You could call me the procrastination queen really. I note birds happily chirping, then sun is hot, but that's the way I like it, hot and spicy... I need to stop. The trees cover me from the sun and the wind offers a cool breeze. I take in a deep breath of summer and continue to walk.

When I was younger, I loved two things, haikus and karate. Though now I haven't really paid much thought to karate, I grew into my haikus. They were life, I began to find myself trapped in the beauty of poetry and that's where I found my love for music... Lyrics are beautiful things, and music is like a lyrics soul mate. They were meant to live in beautiful harmony, and that's the way they do live... Together.

I trip over a crack in the sidewalk and fall to the ground. It hurt but I'm too busy looking around to see if anybody noticed and that's when I see him... A black hooded figure slowly walking my way, I get up and walk backwards away from it. I turn around and was about to run when I slam into a body and I fall down again. This has to be just a nightmare right? Why are they wearing dark clothing in the middle of summer?!? The person I just ran into grabs my arm and I kick it in the face. They let go and scream.. I jump up and try to run to the left, ISN'T THERE ANYBODY IN THIS PARK THATS HERE TO HELP ME?!? I continue to run away and it's all of a sudden a high speed chase. I turn around a tree to change my direction when I step on a pile of leaves. Something grabs onto my left leg and pulls me upside down off the ground. I scream then panick trying to untangle myself from the trap but I can't! I then remember my pocket knife in my left pocket. I take it out and begin to saw away the rope using all of my strength to keep up where I can reach the rope. It finally snaps and I fall to the ground with a thud. I feel the adrenaline through my body as I jump up, stick the knife in my pocket and run to the nearest busy area near the park right next to the playground and the exit!

I can't feel a thing, I hear my heartbeat and breaths as I continue to run. They are right behind me, and I pick up my pace which seems nearly impossible but anything is possible when you have enough adrenaline. I spot the playground in the distance where a mother and her child play on the swing. Everything seems to go in slow motion as I continue to run past and we meet eye contact. I look forward and continue to run when I'm tackled to the ground. We roll for several turns and I try to get away. I throw punches, kicks, I try to even scratch but the guy has me pinned to the ground. I scream as he breathes heavily, "Finally caught you." I try to fight and find my gaze looking back to the mother, who picked up her child scared and ran away. I breathe heavy and see red. The only thing I can do, I do it and spit directly in his face. He takes one arm away to wipe his face and my chance was there so I use my free arm to swing at his face. It's a direct blow to his nose as blood sputters everywhere. I roll over on top of him and try to get up but he kicks my legs and throws me back to the ground cussing the entire time, "JUST GIVE UP ALREADY!"
He try's to get up and kicks me hard in the side as I clutch my stomach. I try to get up but he knocks me back down and I slam to the ground. Another person comes up from behind and pins my arms to the ground as I continue to scream. The bloodied and bruised one gets another person to get my feet as I kick at him. I continue to scream but no one hears! Someone puts a smelly rag to my face and everything goes black...

----------------------
Hey guys, hope you enjoyed! Tell me what you thought of this chapter in the comments, and maybe how I should approach this conflict:) Also happy belated St.Patricks day! Thank you guys for reading and feel free to vote, comment, share, and follow for more. Finally, have a wonderful day! Bye!
-ForeverAshers