56: Melissa

I connect my phone to the auxiliary cord in the car and play the only reasonable thing there is to sing on a cold winter day, "LET IT GO! LET IT GO! CANT HOLD IT BACK ANYMORE!"
Mitch and Preston moan from the front seats, "NOT THIS SONG!"
I shrug and switch the song, "DO YOU WANNA BUILD A SNOW-"
"NO-"
Fine then... I switch the song again, "LOVE IS AN OPEN DOOR!"
Mitch shuts off the car and Preston opens up the passenger door fast making the music stop, "We're back! Thank heavens no more frozen!"
Lachlan gets out of the car and starts to roll up a snowman, "Melissa, do you wanna build a snowman?"
I jump out after him, "AW HECK YES!"
We finish putting on the head and go inside for a hat, a carrot, a scarf, and some buttons. When I stepped back outside the door Anne pulled up and ran over our snowman. "YOU MONSTER! YOU SNOWMAN MURDERER! ANNE! WHY!" ,I yell and fall to the ground. Anne gets out of the car and Lachlan comes out the front door with a load of carrots in his hand, "Hey Melissa, I couldn't decide on- WHAT THE BLOODY HELL?!?! ANNE YOU SON OF A BITCH!"
She looks up at us, "What did I-" Then she sees the snowman supplies in our hands, "Did I just..."
I pretend to cry, "YOU KILLED MY BABY!"
Anne hesitates, gets in the car, puts it in reverse, and backs up to reveal the remains of what once was a snowman. She stops the car and gets out looking at the lump in the snow, "...Oops..."
Jerome gets out of the car and sprints towards the mound and kicks it across the yard, "DO YOU WANNA KILL A SNOWMAN?!?!"
Mitch sneaks out behind Lachlan and picks up the remains from the yard looking at his best friend who happened to be recording, "Do you wanna hide a body?"

We go inside to avoid getting frostbite and Vikk makes hot cocoa. We all gathered around the fireplace that Mitch started, "Alright, story time! Once upon a time there was place where radiation spilled across the border. Every time someone would try to leave the unforgivable country they would die of radiation. The government was upset and sent a group of young teenagers to stop the radiation in its tracks. The teenagers set off on their dangerous quest to get rid of the biohazard-"
I gasp, "Did they make it?!?!"
He turns to me, "No, they all died The End! Alright who's next?"
Everybody groans at the anti-climatic story and Anne states, "How original Mitch a story about radiation with teenagers I wonder how you ever came up with that idea all by yourself." Anne holds up a published book written by her, "Gee sounds a lot like a certain book that somebody in this room published before they ever got famous with their second series..."
Mitch smirks, "Gee, I wonder who that could be! By the way, my friend is a huge fan of yours can you autograph this for me?" He slides a piece of paper towards Anne. She picks up the paper and pen, "Who do I make this out to?"
Mitch blushes, "Her name is Sage"
I look over at him, "Ooooh! Saaagggeee! Jerome he's cheating on you!"
Jerome shouts, "Hey! Not cool man! I thought you loved me!"
Mitch facepalms, "Her friends passed away a day ago..."
Anne's eye grow wide, "I'm so sorry. What were their names?"
Guilt fills his eyes, "Trinity Blue, and Devon. I forgot his last name... They had food poisoning on their first date over a pizza"
Tears fill my eyes, "That's so sad..."
Lachlan holds me close and all is silent. Anne quietly stands up and storms out of the room but not before I noticed the tear running down her face. A door slams and cold air drifts through the room from the outside. I look over at Rob with a concerned look and he gets up and storms off after her.

-----------------------
Hey guys! Hope you enjoyed! Sorry it's a little shorter of a chapter but hey, cliffhanger! Man too many deaths, first Trinity and Devon, and now a snowman! Lol Probably going to update two chapters today so be prepared! Shout out to tda2019 for nagging me every time I made a grammatical mistake this chapter. Lol she just tried to correct that sentence ^. Anyways feel free to vote, comment, share, and follow for more! See you in a bit! TDA STAHP CORRECTING ME! Bye!
-ForeverAshers