51: Trinity

"Who you texting?, "I casually ask Sage at work the next morning. She blushes, "Nobody..."
I pay attention to her fingers and they definitely weren't scrolling through tumblr from this angle! Devon sneaks up behind Sage and looks at the phone, "Who's Mitch?"
Sage turns around and elbows him hard in the gut from her chair, "Interviewer, aren't you supposed to be working peasant?"
He doubles over from pain, "Geesh! It's that time of the month isn't it?"
She takes out a sharp pencil, stands up, and grabs Devon by the collar, "Beautiful design isn't it. The pencil is by far the most important instrument in the writing industry, it makes millions of marks on paper every day, and if you don't shut up it will make a pretty little mark on you too!"
I protest, "WOAH man! Slow down Sage! He's just an idiot, now let him down gently so he doesn't break his smart ass when he falls!"
She glares at him in the eyes as she lets go of him and he falls back a little bit with a relieved sigh. I go back to my work writing an article about Melissa with the notes I had already received from her interview earlier. The office was silent for the most part besides the typing of Devon on his computer editing, and the scribbling of pen on paper from my desk. Sage left the room to answer a call, and after about 45 minutes she came back in. "Who was that," I casually ask. She shrugged, "A company."
Devon looked up from his computer screen, "Sage, you do realize that we know that you're lying right?"
She hesitated, "No... I'm not..."
I wiggle my eyebrows at Devon, "Good point detective Devon! Shall we question the case further?"
Sage sunk down in her chair a little further and Devon gave her a smug smile, "It was Mitch wasn't it?"
Her face flushes red and I laugh, "So who is this- Mitch that you're texting"
She anwers, "None of your business! Hey! I don't pay you two to sit around all day doing nothing! Back to work!"
We slowly got back on track and before we knew it, it was time to go home.

Sage had already left by the time Devon and I had finished up our articles for the day. He gives me a strange look as I stand by the door about to turn off the lights, "Are you coming?"
He grabs his satchel and walks towards me awkwardly, "Yeah, hey Trinity... uh can I maybe ask you something?"
I smile, "Sure, what is it?"
He blushes, "Well I was wondering... Trinity Blue, will you go out with me?"
I feel my heart pound in my chest, "YES! I mean... Uh yeah sure that's cool..."

I drive back home and get changed into something nice and he picks me up 37 minutes later (yes I counted...) for our first official date! He picks me up and we drive to a near by adorable pizza place where we share a huge pizza. We talked and ate. After dinner he took me back home he went home too and that was that.

At about 12 AM I woke up with my stomach hurting terribly bad. Quickly I sprinted to the bathroom feeling vile crawl up my throat! I barely miss the toilet and chunks of half digested food splatter everywhere! The puking continues for what seems like forever and I begin to feel light headed as I continue to try to move the sticky hair from my face. The puking stops long enough for me to call 911 and my face was ghostly pale! Something wasn't right AND I WAS SO SCARED! There's a knock on my loft door a moment later and the door busts down with police and paramedics behind it. Maybe I was over reacting. Suddenly the vile comes spilling out again but this time it's red with blood! I DEFINITELY WAS NOT OVERREACTING!!! They put me on a stretcher and people around me asked me stupid questions to keep me conscious but the more I tried to talk the more vile came creeping up my throat. My eyes grow heavy and my stomach feels as if it's being stabbed by A THOUSAND NEEDLES AT ONCE! My stomach couldn't seem to stop churning up food from before! I close my eyes and try to make the pain stop but it doesn't and every time I throw up its like I'm thrown back to the reality that IM NOT OKAY! I hear someone mutter, "Food poisoning most likely-" An anesthesia mask is put over my face and the pain escapes my body.

My mind floats up to the stars and I slide against the coloring spiral of the milky way. Gravity pulls me into a small star and I smile at the kiss of the soft heat on my body, and the brightness of beauty. Nothing hurts, nothing burns, and most of all nothing matters... The sun disappears and I'm suddenly swimming through clear cool waters... Fish swim below when I look underwater, and I breathe in the salty ocean, somehow still I don't drown. A hurricane picks me up from the center of the ocean and it lifts me up soaring to beautiful heights... My hands glide against the water vapor of the clouds sending graceful mist to my cheeks as I begin to descend down to a mountain peak. Snow begins to fall and a chill runs through the air as an avalanche envelops me. But nothing hurts. I close my eyes and open them again finding myself in a hospital, with my actual body laying limp in the bed. I feel the urge to go be there again, but there was something I had to check first... I close my eyes and open them again, yet this time I was in Devon's room. A heart monitor in the corner was barely beeping as surgeons worked on him. A nurse shouts, "WERE LOSING HIM!" I scream yet no one notices, "NO!!! PLEASE FIX HIM!!!! PLEASE DEVON LIVE!!!" For the first time as I viewed the world like this... I felt the hurting... The pain... The grief.... The fear... The anxiety.... The agony of what was happening around me.... What was happening to me. I close my eyes again and go back into my own room, my own body. Once more I close my eyes and open them again. This time it was different though... This time I woke up with not only the pain from my stomach and the heaviness of my eyes, but from the pain of my emotions, and everything else that came with it...

--------------------
Hey guys! Hope you enjoyed! Okay so before you flip out on me for not updating I just want to say that Colorguard has overtaken my life for the past week and school has been throwing every mother fudging project at us JUST SO THEY CAN FUDGING GET GRADES IN BEFORE SCHOOL IS OUT!!! The good news is that I've officially been selected for high school Colorguard and if y'all will just be a little patient summer is just a couple weeks away. So I'm sorry about that and I am still alive just yeah... Fudge school! Anyways I would love to know all that's happened in your life in the past week or so. tda2019 please don't kill me for this chapter XD. Feel free to vote, comment, follow, and share for more! Have an amazing day, and I will talk to you later! Bye!
-ForeverAshers