12: Rob

I drive to the airport and wait for Anne at the pick up zone. The sun begins to set and I see a bunch of people coming out at once. My heart leaps in my chest the moment I see that beautiful blonde hair. I wave to her and she spots me. She quickly comes over and I half jog over to help her carry her bag. When I reach her we wrap each other in a massive hug and I don't think I have been more happy to see her that moment than in my entire life!!! My best friend was back!!! We sit there huddled up in each others arms for a minute and I try not to hesitate when I let go. Anne gives me a smile, "Well, I don't think I've ever been so glad to see someone in my entire life!!!"
I laugh a little, "So how was your trip?"
She replies, "Okay, I got a new book idea though..."
I wiggle my eyebrows and help carry stuff to the car, "Can you give me a little sneak peak?"
She grins a little, "Actually I'm gonna need some help..."
I put her stuff in the trunk, "What do you mean?"
She gives an almost Lachlan answer, "I don't know Rob. Still gotta figure out myself."
She jumps in the shot gun seat and I start up the car, "So... I guess you can't tell me then?"
Her face turns red as she stares out the window, "I'm afraid it might screw things up..."
I begin to drive back home. The drive back was silent and Anne wouldn't make eye contact with me.

When we finally reached the house I had had it, "Anne! What the hell?! We promised not to keep secrets from each other! I'M YOUR BEST FRIEND! IT'S NOT GOING TO SCREW THINGS UP!"
She gives me a sincere look, "Are you sure you want me to say this?"
I let my aggravation blow over, "Go for it..."
She blushes hardcore, "Well when writing you can only write at your best if you have experienced it yourself..."
"And???" ,I add as we both get out of the car and walk to the back.
She shyly sticks her hands behind her back for a bit... Clearly I wasn't getting at the hint she was getting at but I had my suspicions. I walk over close to her, she looks up at me and smiles a cute little smile. I finally figured it out as she blushed even harder. I grab her hands and interlock them with my own. She lets out a small smile, as I continue, "This isn't just about the book is it?"
She smiles and in a serious but adorable tone she states, "Actually, the book was just an excuse really..." She looks away with a smirk and a scarlet red face. I pull her closer to me, "Anne, will you be my girlfriend?"
She leans up towards me and I bend down to fill the gap between our lips. Sparks fly in every direction and time seems to stand still! I can't seem to get enough of her! It's like all of this time I have been waiting for this moment and it was finally here... I wrap my hands around her waist, her hands rub through my hair. I push her against the side of the car and her legs wrap around me.

Suddenly my phone goes off in my back pocket and just like that the perfect moment was over... She moans as we stop and I let out a sigh as we let go of each other and I pull my phone out of my back pocket. It was Preston of course. I answer the call as Anne quietly gets her stuff out of the back of the car, "Hey cactus, what's up?"
He replies, "Oh just about to record some parkour, wondering if you wanted to record tomorrow..."
I yawn, "Sounds good."
We say our goodbyes and I hang up the phone. Anne had already moved her stuff inside of her house and had walked back over... Dang she was quick...

She gives a sad smile, "Guess I will see you tomorrow Rob..." The stars shine high above us in the dark sky. I state, "You don't have to go..."
She shuffles her feet and looks at the ground, "I know... But at least we're only 10 feet away from each other..." I know she's just trying to be smart about this... The wind feels like another cold front just blew through, "Well let me walk you to your house then." She laughs, "But then I would have to walk you back over here!" I laugh too, "No you wouldn't I'm a grown man!" Just then a gust of cold wind blew by me and I shivered. Anne just places her hands on her hips, "Sure... Whatever you say..."
I pull out my sarcastic voice, "Then you'll be cold walking back to your house!" She smirks, "What are you trying to say here Rob?"
It's my turn to smirk, "If you stay here with me, no one will have to get cold."
She considers my thought, "I guess that's the only reasonable answer here isn't it.?. There is only one problem, I don't want to sleep on the couch..."
I laugh, "Baby gurl, two is warmer than one if you know what I mean!"
She crosses her arms, "I have no clothes over here." I laugh, "Your house is 20 steps away!"
She tricks me, "You're right Rob, see you tomorrow then! Love you!" She pecks me on the lips and walks to her house. I give her a wave before she walks in. I shut the garage and eventually fall asleep alone in my bed just like I have for the past 3 years...

-------------------------
So... A lot just happened... Yep... Anyways, hope you enjoyed! Please hit dat vote button if you enjoyed. Comment if you want, Follow for more, and share with your friends! Also thanks for reading and I hope you have an awesome day! Bye!
-ForeverAshers