23: Melissa

Work had been going great lately, my song was nearly finished and social media was going viral about it. While scrolling through Instagram, I get a text from Lachlan, "Want to go out tonight?" I internally screamed a little because the love of my life asked me on a date and I still couldn't believe we were dating!
Quickly I reply, "Sure"
I smile as he replies, "Great! I'll pick you up at 7 if that's okay with you?"
I text back, "Sounds great mate:P"
With that I looked at the clock, it was 5:00 PM already but I had two hours to get ready. I spent another 30 minutes on my song before getting ready to go.

I put on a cute blue dress that matched my hair tips and some black flats to match. I fixed my hair, and put on some makeup, and did everything else that I do to get ready for a cute night out or formal occasion. I go down the elevator at 6:55 and step out of the apartment center to find his familiar truck already sitting there. Although he wasn't there. I then see him come up to me in a sharp shirt. He grabs my outstretched hand and kisses it, "You look beautiful!"
I blush, "And you look more handsome than ever if I say so myself!" It was his turn to blush.

He opens the door for me to the truck and I jump in. He charmingly shuts the door and walks around the other side before jumping into the drivers seat and turning on the truck.
He turns on the radio and my song plays. I laugh and his eyebrows raise, "Damn, what a coincidence don't you think?"
I smile, "Which brings up an idea I was thinking of earlier!"
He continues to drive but turns a little to see my expression, "What?"
I answer, "Lauchy, would you like to be in my next music video?"
He gasps, "I would be honored, really? I mean I'm not that video worthy really..."
I roll my eyes, "Don't mean to sound creepy, but I've been watching you on YouTube for a number of years now. You're a natural on camera!"
He smiles, "Thanks I guess!"
He pulls over outside of a cute little Italian restaurant, gets out of the truck and charmingly helps me out again which causes me to giggle because no one had ever done that for me before. He leads me into the restaurant and I catch myself smelling the wonderful aroma of Italian food... A waitress leads us over to a booth and we sit down. We order drinks and the waitress goes to retrieve them. Not going to lie, it was a little nerve racking thinking that I could screw something up right now and the only relationship I have ever been in could be ruined...

We begin to talk and the conversation goes great. We talk about ourselves and out childhood which actually sounded pretty similar; we talked about the world and the people in it; we talked about so much other stuff that just wouldn't all fit into one category. I started to relate to Lachlan more than I ever would've with just his videos. It all felt like a dream but it wasn't, and I felt like the luckiest girl in the world!

After the wonderful dinner Lachlan drives me back to my apartment.
I kiss him on the cheek, "Thanks for taking me out... No one has ever done that for me before..."
I look down at the floor of the truck and he leans over close to me. I turn to him and he speaks up, "Melissa, you're the most beautiful girl I have ever met! I must be the luckiest man in the world..."
Our lips are only centimeters apart and we sit there like that breathing in each others air, out foreheads touching together. I close my eyes and we sit there in peace for a bit, basking in each others presence, "I love you so much Lachlan..."
His hand brushes against my cheek sending exciting chills through my body as he continues, "I love you Melissa" With that we break apart and he gives a lonely look, "I guess this is goodnight then..."?
I sigh, "Yeah..."
He jumps out of the truck and goes around to my side to help me out. I grab onto his steady hand as he helps me down. I peck his lips, "See you tomorrow Lachlan..."
He smiles, "Til then Melissa..."
We separate and I walk into my lonely apartment and back upstairs to my room smiling and still almost feeling the exhilarating chills of where he brushed my cheek. I fall asleep and dream of him, maybe in a perfect world he would be laying right next to me right now...

-------------------
Hey guys, sorry for the lack of updates recently! I've had... well a really busy week so far... But I promise things will get better and back to normal again after this week if my calendar is correct! So I hope you guys enjoyed this chapter and I will talk to you soon! Don't forget to vote, comment, share, and follow for more. Also HAVE AN AWESOME DAY!!! :)
-ForeverAshers