38: Anne

I wake up and check my phone. December 15, ten days until Christmas and I need to go shopping so I guess I will do that later today... I make some coffee for both of us, and take it over to Robs. He walks down stairs a little after I yell, "Knock knock" like I always do.
"Hey babe!, "I say and peck his cheek. Things have finally gotten back to normal.
He happily replies, "Hey baby gurl" before wrapping an arm around my waist and pulling me close. I blush and hand him coffee which he gladly accepts. We stand like that for a moment half-hugging before he leads me over to the couch and I sit down in his lap, "So what's your plan for today"
He shrugs, "Same old, but it would be nice to have a little company to snuggle with!"
I rest my head against his chest, "I gotta go find some Christmas gifts, but I will probably be back by noon!"
He sips his coffee and then sets it down on a side table, "Sounds like a plan!"
We stay snuggled up in each others warmth as the news goes on, and after a while I leave and go shopping. Thankfully, I had already ordered most of the gifts online, but I was able to finish out everything. Once I get home, I grab my notebook, my phone, and a pen before going over to Robs. I sneak in his room, and sure enough he was already editing.

He turns and looks at me, "Hey"
I sit down in an empty seat, "I'm back"
He smiles, "Okay, well I'm almost done editing. I might record another video if that's okay with you?"
I nod, "Sounds good, do you need me to leave?"
He grins, "You could be part of the video if you wanted to!"
I sigh, "I'd rather not"
Rob shrugs, "Okay, well I'm not doing a facecam anyways so you can stay in here if you want."
My notebook opens to an empty page where I start to write in my book, "Gotcha, I'll stay quiet."
I notice him get on Skype and I stay out of the camera. I see Vikk on the screen and then get back to writing while they record. My writing was going smooth, and today was definitely one of my A game days. After about 20 minutes I realize Rob stopped recording and they just talked. Heaven knows what about, I could only hear half of the conversation since Rob had on headphones. It probably didn't matter anyways, so I continued to write. I had completed 3 chapters of my new book by the time Rob finished editing. He turns and smiles at me taking off his headphones, "So, you wanna go skating?"
I jump out of my seat, "OH HELL YES! LETS GO! IM GONNA GRAB MY SKATES REAL FAST BRB!"
I run over to my house, grab my skates and a better jacket before sprinting back over and almost slamming into my boyfriend at the door.
"Woah!, "He steps back.
I fall on my butt and laugh as he helps me up, "Lets go!!!"

We reach the pond and it looks safe. I check it out, and the ice is still thick so I knew it was safe. Rob skates a circle around me and I laugh skating backwards. I reach the near edge on the pond before going forward and gaining momentum, "Watch this!" I'm going extremely fast when I jump high up in the air, spin a half circle, and land on one foot gracefully gliding backwards with my arms outstretched like a bird. Rob skates to the side of me while I continue to go backwards and he does four spins on the ice at one point before catching up to me before grabbing my hands. He laughs, "I won't hesitate to skate circles around you!" He still has my hands and he spins both of us in circles slowing us down. We end up in a dead stop and he lifts my chin. Our lips touch and I close my eyes in the perfect moment as they move in perfect sync and time stands still like it always does when I kiss him... Absolutely perfect... The kiss ends and I open my eyes, we've glided towards the middle of the pond and the sun was already starting to set. We glide to the side of the pond and walk back home with our skates in hand.

Rob stops me before I walk across the yard to my house, "Stay."
I look into his handsome eyes, "Rob?"
"Please stay, "He says again.
I place my hand on his chest and we're as close as ever, "Are you sure?"
He begs, "Absolutely."
I give him a dirty smirk, "No."
Rob looks confused, "But?"
"But I will give you this before I leave, "I kiss him on the lips and he kisses back wanting more. His hands move down my waist. I end the kiss in attempt to stop the temptation. He kisses my neck, and I shiver wanting more but I try to hold back still knowing that I shouldn't be doing this right now. He pins me against the wall continuing on my neck until I can't help it anymore and let out a moan, "Rob... Nows not the time" He ignores me and I say it again, "Rob, please stop"
He finally stops, "I'm sorry Anne! I don't know what got into me..."
I ruffle his hair as he lets go of me, "I understand, and I'm sorry to stop you but I didn't want things to get out of hand tonight."
He nods, "I should have listened the first time you said no though."
I shrug, "Its okay, I love you. Night." And peck his cheek before picking back up my skates and heading back over to my lonely house awkwardly.

I wake up the next morning to my phone going off. I groan, and then put on my nice/awake voice, "Hello?"
It was my editor, "Hey Anne, you might want to check New York Times..."
My eyes grow big, "Good or bad?"
She hesitates, "Really ba-"
I cut her off as I see the headline on my computer, "SON OF A B*TCH"
"Anne! Calm down! I'm trying to find who did this to you!, "My editor replies.
I start to think back to an interview, "...Trinity... Trinity Blue! She interviewed me!"
My editor answers my accusation, "She quit a few days ago."
I stop dead tracks, "AND YOU THINK IT ONLY TAKES A COUPLE OF DAYS TO WRITE A REPORT LIKE THIS?!?!"
There is a sigh, "Calm down, I'm trying to contact our lawyer"
I end the conversation, "Call me back. Im gonna have... a little talk... with miss Blue..."
I hang up and call up the number saved to my phone. She answers, "Hello?"
"WHY WOULD YOU WRITE THAT ABOUT ME?!?!, "I see red.
I hear a gasp, "Who is this?"
I snort, "You're next nightmare if you don't give me answers!"
"No seriously! First of all who is this? And second of all I DIDNT WRITE ANY THING ABOUT ANYONE TO GET PISSED ABOUT!, "She snaps back.
My fingernails dig into my palm, "Anne-"
She cuts me off, "YOU WANNA KNOW SOMETHING?"
I sneer, "WHAT?!"
"I QUIT MY JOB TO TRY TO SAVE YOUR ASS BECAUSE I THOUGHT YOU WERE A GOOD PERSON!, "Her voice cracks at the end and I stop in my tracks, "Wait. What do you mean?"
She sneers back, "I MEAN I WASN'T THE PERSON WHO WROTE THAT SHIT, AND I WASN'T THE PERSON WHO CAME UP WITH THE IDEA TO DO THAT IN THE FIRST PLACE EITHER! IM BACK IN F*CKING FORT WORTH BECAUSE OF YOU, AND I HOPE YOU FEEL GUILTY AS F*CK NOW FOR CHEWING ME OUT ABOUT SOMETHING THAT YOU DID TO ME."
I try to say something but nothing comes out.
She sighs, "Now if you don't mind, I have to go to work-"
"Wait!, "I stop her from hanging up the phone, "I'm sorry!"
She gives a hopeless pissed off laugh, "A little late for that ain't it..."
She hangs up and I fall back against the wall helpless...

---------------------
Hey guys, hope you enjoyed! Sorry for the lack of updates (I'm trying to get better at it again) but yeah! Also HAPPY EASTER! I hope you have an amazing weekend whether it's spent with friends, family, by yourself, with your soulmate, or even with your laptop :) Anyways feel free to vote, comment, share, and follow for more! Love you and have a wonderful day, night, ay whatever time it is for you :D Bye!
-ForeverAshers