32: Anne

I walk up and say my last few goodbyes as they lower the caskets into the ground. I start to sob again hard into Rob's chest as he strokes my hair and tries to hold back tears himself. THEY WERE MY FAMILY, THEY WERE ALWAYS THERE FOR ME, they... They loved me, an.. and I loved them so much... H. How could this. Hap.. Happen?

Rob leads me back to the car as I still cry. But it was time to go. Mitch wraps his arm around my shoulder and cries with me, for the dad he never got to meet. Lachlan and Preston follow the three of us back to the car with a sorrowful look. Everything felt rotten... The weather was cold and heartless, and the wind constantly whipped across my salty cheeks.

Rob drives us back to the house, and I sit in the back crying into Lachlan's shoulder. When we reached home my legs gave out and I couldn't get up out of the car. I couldn't get myself do anything but cry... Rob carries me inside and sets me down in a kitchen chair. The others try to comfort me while he makes some coffee, but it doesn't help. Everything seems miserable!

Rob hands me a drink and gives me a weird look, or maybe I just can't see straight from all the crying. I take a sip of coffee and let the warmth sink to my chest. Then I take another. Mitch glares at Rob and that's when I know something's up! Everything gets a little dizzy, "What the h*ll was in that Rob???"
Mitch stands up, "Rob?"
He shies off, "A little bit of alcohol..."
I shrug, "I trust you, besides I could probably use a little to get my mind off of things."
I down the cup and all four guys just look at me with concern.
Lachlan asks, "Did she just?"
I burp all unladylike. Mitch sighs, "Anne. Rob, how much did you put in that drink?"
I let the dizziness take over, "You know... I can handle this sh*t..." I fall out of the chair and laugh, stumbling to get back up; well actually the guys help me back up.
Rob replies, "It doesn't take much to get this girl drunk Mitch."
I slowly cross my arms, "Whattttevvveer Rrobbb"
Preston seems worried, "Rob! No seriously how much did you put in there?"
He replies, "Just half a can of beer!"
I start to laugh and the guys look at me again, "Robbb. Remember thattt time when I..."
My eyes get droopy and I let them fall interrupting my slurred sentence with a deep sleep.

I wake up and look at my surroundings. I'm in my room, wide awake, at 11:00 at night. Great... I can't go back to sleep so I decide to go write. Besides, some of my favorite ideas happen at midnight. I quietly sneak out of my room and into my office knowing that the other two boys are probably asleep right now. I get to work writing away my sorrows, confessions, hopes, and dreams. I write ideas that pop into my head with a possible potential. I brainstorm, and then I work on the latest book I have been trying to write for the past few weeks already. I must've fallen asleep at some point because I wake up to the blinding light of sunshine coming from my window, and I notice the creak in my neck and the drool stained paper in front of me. I look up into a mirror in front of me and notice someone leaning against the door frame. I turn around and it's Preston. I nearly jump out of my seat because I didn't think it was him.

He looks at the ground and then back up at me, "Are... You felling better now Anne?"
I nod, "Yeah, fine. You look a little upset though, what's up?"
He sighs, "I. It's stupid never mind."
I glare at him, "Preston, I don't like friends who keep secrets from each other!"
Preston kinda laughs, "No really it's nothing-"
He turns to leave and I stop him, "Dood, you can tell me anything, I don't judge and you're like one of my best friends!"
He stops and turns, "Anne, I kissed Rob"
My eyes grow wide and I stand up. Jealousy overwhelms my thoughts, "But... I thought it was all just for the fans?"
Preston walks towards me, "It was at first..."
I feel like I'm about to faint, he kissed Rob, and this just got personal. I feel like a bomb about to go off when he slams his lips into mine and kisses me. I try to push him off and he finally backs away. I begin to cuss, "WHAT THE H*LL?!?"
Preston answers, "I won't do that again I promise, but I don't want you to get mad at Rob and I had a feeling you were about to try to kill me so..."
I then notice Rob confused and startled in the hall just like me in the room. Preston had already snuck away and it was just us, staring blankly at each other, unsure of what to do, unsure of where to go, and unsure of how to explain all that had just happened to us...

-----------------------
Hey guys. I just found out earlier today that my dog has kidney failure and a tumor. He's not going to make it and it breaks my heart. He is the best dog in the whole world and I don't want him to leave me but it's life I guess. He's been part of my life for over seven years and is the sweetest Australian Shepherd I know. I grew up with this dog so I'm sorry if there is a lack of updates, but right now I just want to spend time with my dog and I hope y'all can understand that... I hope you guys have a good day and I guess I will talk to y'all later. bye.
-ForeverAshers