17: Anne

I walk into the room and shut the door behind me. Through blurry eyesight from all the tears I find myself running over to my dad and holding his hand. "Dad?" ,I whisper. There was a giant patch over his head, his neck was bloody, his hands were cold. It didn't look like him, it couldn't be him, THIS HAD TO BE ALL A DREAM!!! I pinched myself and felt it so it wasn't a dream. His face was pale and I held onto his hand before finding myself reaching for the paper he had given me. I let go and open up the paper and begin to read~

Dear Anne,
I don't know when you will read this, Ive kept it in my wallet for so many years now. I just never knew when the right time would be but I guess this is it. Before I say this, I just want you to know how much I love you! No matter what happens you will always be my daughter in my eyes! So here goes nothing... I'm not your biological father, you see your mom once traveled to Australia and she fell in love with a man who I believe had a last name of Power? There was only one thing that got in the way- She was on a vacation that lasted about three days, she thought that they were protected so to speak, turns out she got pregnant when she came to America. Her parents shunned her, people avoided her, and she moved far away from all of them and to a different country (Canada). I had just gone through a divorce when we met, and we were both in the same shoes and shunned so we could relate extremely well. We started dating and got married and then you came. I remember nervously waiting outside of that hospital room, and when I first saw you nothing else mattered, it didn't matter that you were not biologically mine, you were still my daughter no matter what... I'm sorry that I didn't tell you sooner but I was scared to I guess. I'm so sorry Anne. Also about Rob, he's a good kid. I know I was a little hard on him at first but I didn't want my baby girl getting into trouble. Now I know that he was probably one of the best influences for you I could ask for. I'm glad you guys have such a strong and close relationship as friends, I'm glad that you look out for each other, and I'm glad that he cares about you as you care about him. I love you so much, see you soon...
Love,
Dad

My legs crumple beneath me and I glide down along the wall to the floor before curling up in a ball and crying to myself, "Oh God... Why did this have to happen to them?!? IT SHOULD'VE BEEN ME INSTEAD!!!" I continue to cry and there is a knock on the door, "Anne?" Rob walks in and I look up at him continuing to cry. He helps me off the floor and hugs me tight. He kisses my forehead, "I'm so sorry Anne..."

I try to get out the words, but nothing comes out, so I just hand him the now tear stained and still crumpled note. He still holds me close but begins to read. I step away from him and hold my dads cold hand for the last time before kissing his forehead and sobbing, "See you soon... dad. See you soon..."
I walk out of the room and into my mom's while Rob follows with concern. A nurse tries to hold me back as I walk closer to my unconscious mom, "Mom? Mom?!"
Doctors surround her and I try to get closer ignoring the nurse's commands to stay back. I hear one say, "Were losing her!" The heart rate monitor slows and my eyes grow wider as I try to push past the nurse, "NO! I CAN'T LOSE HER TOO!!! MOM!!!" I finally break free from the nurse and come to the side of her bed, emergency people continue to try to make her heart pump, her breathing shallows, and the monitor goes to a constant beep. They try to preform CPR and it doesn't work! EVERYTHING THEY TRY DOSENT SEEM TO WORK!!! After a few minutes the doctors slump down in defeat. "She's gone..., "One says.
"NO, "I CRY, "THIS CAN'T BE HAPPENING!!! MOM!!! NOT YOU TOO!!!" I start to bawl, "DONT LEAVE ME TOO, I WANT YOU HERE! I WANT YOU, AND DAD TO STILL BE OKAY! WHY CAN'T I JUST WAKE UP! THIS HAS TO BE A NIGHTMARE!!!" No one could comfort me now... Both of my parents biological or not had died... Just like that... THERE WAS NOTHING I COULD DO!!!!!!!!! AND I CAN'T DO ANYTHING NOW! THEY'RE GONE! I grab my mom's arm and hold it close to my trembling heart. "Mom..." ,I cry, "Please come back, I need you..." I kiss her cheek and say goodbye before the nurse leads me out of the room and towards the exit with Rob holding me close as we walk.

I cry until I have no more tears left. Rob takes me to his house and comforts me crying a bit too. I get a few phone calls from people that had heard the news and eventually I fell asleep, I don't know when though. I lost track of time through all of the grief. I wake up to more grief, but some of it is gone because Rob is by me every step of the way. When I get to my house I go over my dads note once more when I get a call from Lachlan, "Anne?"
"Lachlan?, "I sadly reply.
His tone is extremely serious, "I... I think you might be my step-sister..."
I gasp, "What the hell?" Suddenly I look back at the paper...

... I'm not your biological father, you see your mom once traveled to Australia and she fell in love with a man who I believe had a last name of Power?...

The line goes silent and I ask, "Your last name is Power isn't it?..."
He pops the p with a little attitude, "Yep."
I sigh, "F*ck, why can't my life be normal?"
He replies, "You and I both"
We end the call just like that and I go to find my birth certificate, sure enough Lachlan and I had the same dad! And just when I thought things couldn't get any worse things became even more awkward...

---------------
Hey guys hope you enjoyed this chapter! Probably gonna publish another chapter right after this and yeah! Vote, comment, share, and follow for more!
-ForeverAshers