30: Preston

Not going to lie, I wasn't jealous... until I walked in the kitchen to find Anne and Rob on the ground making out. I was going to ask Rob if he was ready and instead I find that. My face turns red and I leave the room. When I left I couldn't figure out why I was jealous seriously that is the most adorable ship in the world and was I jealous of Anne or Rob? I really wasn't sure, but I'm not gay or bi, and I wasn't really too upset. Things are getting to my head...

I sigh and rub my face as I lean against the wall... What did I just witness? I probably just needed some sleep. Just then Rob runs in the room, "Sorry man, ready to go record?"
I don't mean to blush but I do, "Yeah, let's go!"
He leads me upstairs to where we both already set up, "You know, we could just vlog some hockey."
I nod, "You're funny Rob, I don't know how to skate!"
He looks me in the eye, "Really?"
I try to avoid his gaze and look down at my fidgeting hands, "Yeah, I'm from Texas remember?"
He turns off the computer, "How could I forget, now I'm gonna teach you to skate"
He does a cute little accent, wait cute? WHAT AM I THINKING? I don't get to object, he calls up Mitch even though he is literally next door, "Mitch, were going to teach Preston to skate! Does the Aussie want to be in a vlog too?"
I hear Mitch through the phone, "Dragging him out now, lucky for you, I brought a pair of skates! Are we going to have enough?"
Rob wiggles his eyebrows at me, "Perfect I have two extra pairs too because who doesn't hoard skates?"
I laugh, "Are you serious right now Rob?"
He hangs up the phone, grabs my hand and drags me downstairs, "Come on Preston! It's fun!"
He walks to a closet and hands me a pair, "Try these on"
He then puts on his own as I fidget with mine. Rob looks over at me, "Having some issues southern boy?"
I give up, and he fits on the shoe to my foot perfectly, and I feel like a clumsy version of Cinderella...
We walk outside to find Mitch, and Anne with hockey sticks in hand talking to Lachlan who looks just about as terrified as me! Rob hands him the shoes, and in no time we are following the two native lovebirds to a frozen over pond.

Anne walks out on the ice first and checks how safe it is. It scares me that she could fall in any moment but she doesn't seem to worried. She yells back, "It seems safe!" And skates back over to us throwing Lachlan and I a hockey stick before barely missing a collision with Rob and her using a camera that he brought to record everything. Mitch steps on the ice and swiftly glides around for a bit before stopping right next to Anne and Rob. Lachlan and I stand awkwardly in the snow off to the side while Rob sets up the camera for Anne which is kind of adorable but at the same time something aches in my chest watching it. After a few seconds Rob and Mitch skate over to us and Anne skates farther onto the ice to get a better shot. I gulp as Mitch asks, "Ready?"
I nod no but he grabs my arm and I scream a little as I loose control of the ground beneath my feet and almost fall. Mitch catches me before I do, "Woah dood, don't fall!"
I try to steady myself but end up making myself more off balance, Mitch grabs ahold of my shoulder and laughs, "It's okay Purrston I'm here to catch you, now loosen up!"
I look over and see Lachlan in the same boat as me with Rob. I look back at Mitch into his warm hazel eyes... Again WHAT AM I THINKING?

Eventually after about an hour with the help of our Canadian friends we finally get the hang of it, and I begin to skate without falling every five seconds. Anne laughs as she does a figure eight around Lachlan and I and barely misses slamming into Mitch who sneaked up behind her. I was still terrified of ice, well of falling on ice but at least now I was okay at not falling.

Anne looks over at Rob, "Want to show them the trick?"
He smirks, "Yeah boy!"
Anne hands off the camera to Mitch and then gains momentum around the ice until leaping in the air and doing a 360 before gracefully landing and grabbing Robs arms spinning her around in a circle so close to the ground that it looked that she was less than an inch away from the ice. He raises her back up and she is airborne for a bit before he lets go and I almost scream as she flies backwards and lands perfectly! Rob does a half jump in the air then skates backwards the opposite way of Anne before jumping straight forward, they meet each other in the middle and grab each others arms as they spin around in a tight circle slowing down until they finally stop, smile, and bow at the camera.

My jaw drops, Mitch and Lachlan do the same. Lachlan speaks up first, "That... WAS SO AWESOME!!!"
Anne blushes and looks up at Rob who smirks back down at her, "Thanks."
We all begin to banter about it until Rob asks, "Anybody up for some hockey?"
Anne shies off, "I can record I guess so there is an even number..."
She hates being filmed, I know that much but I'm proud that she did the trick in front of it anyways.
I try to stop them, "We need more people for hockey don't we?"
Rob nods, "You're right, we can save it for another day then when hopefully everyone is here then."
We leave the pond a little while later as head back to the houses to drink delicious hot coco at Anne's to warm up. Anne grabs some papers and begins to write something on them while laying on Rob. The fireplace warms the house with a welcoming fire. I sit with Lachlan on a love seat while Mitch sits down in a chair. We are basically zoned out, or are checking social media. Everything is calm and quiet, and it was a wonderful evening...

--------------------
Another chapter today because I love you guys!!!
-ForeverAshers