16: Rob

Anne stays with me for two more days until the snow finally clears and we are free to leave the house, she gives me a kiss before going back home and I sigh... It was so great having her with me, and now life was going about normal business. Things were going great, Anne had gone and interviewed a few magazine writers, and I had gone about my normal recording business. It was about mid-December when the call came, and that day changed everything...

I remember Anne's tear stricken face as she buried her head into my shoulder! I had no idea what had happened, so I just comforted her and tried to make her feel better when she finally spoke up in muffled sobs, "M-my p-aren-t-s they're- they-" I rub small circles in her back and tried to put together what she was saying through her sobs. She continued, "The-y are i-in the h-ho-spital f-from a c-c-c..." She starts to cry even more and I hug her closer wanting answers but knowing better to wait until she can get the words out herself. Anne's usually strong words turn to a small whimper, "Car crash"

My eyes grow wide and I bury her closer in my arms. I start to cry with her as memories flood my mind... I remember the first time I met her mom and dad. It was 7th grade and her dad wasn't to happy about it until he realized that I was a friend, not a threat or a boyfriend. There was always one thing I never understood about her parents, they had dark brown and black hair- and Anne's hair was always naturally a beautiful shade of blonde... They had brown and blue eyes- she has blue eyes (In genetics, brown eyes are dominant and blues are recessive so technically she should've had brown eyes, right?). She had no siblings to relate to (that's kind of what I replaced for multiple years) but I couldn't compare her to them that way. Either way, they're still her parents.

I try to stay strong for her and she eventually looks up. I hold back tears and wipe away hers, "Which hospital?"
She tells me and closes her eyes to stop more tears, it just makes it worse. I kiss her forehead and bend down to talk face to face, "Anne, it will all be okay..." I grab her hand and we quickly walk out to the car and jump in. I start the car and we quickly (but safely) get there and once we reach the hospital we go inside to a nurse telling us that they were in the extreme care unit. She guides us outside of both of their rooms. Just then a doctor comes out of one room with a gloomy face, "He's, not going to make it..." Anne's eyes grow wide and she trembles, "Please! You can't just leave him!" The doctor turns with a sorrowful face, "The medical crew has done all they can..." She jumps at the doctor, "No!!! YOU'RE LYING, THIS CANT BE HAPPENING?!?!" I hold her back and just then another doctor comes out with a frown, "Ma'am, is your name Anne?" Anne nods, tears flooded her eyes more than they did before. I hold her closer to try to comfort her knowing where this might go...
"Your father wanted me to give you this..." He hands over a crinkled paper to Anne who with shaking hands, takes the paper. The doctors solemnly said, "You may go in and see him now..." I walked Anne to the door and she looked me sadly in they eyes and choked out, "Rob, can you stay out here while I go and see dad?..." I nod and she walks into the room quiet, sad, and alone... While I stand and wait for Anne, another doctor comes out of her mom's room. I question him, "Is a woman that goes by the name of Tracey in that room?"
The doctor nods, "Yes sir, but she is in a coma." My legs nearly give way and the doctor walks off, "Oh God, why did this have to happen to Anne?" I sit and pray on the floor for Anne, her mom, and her now decease dad...
------------------
Hey guys, sorry I haven't been able to update in a couple of days! These next three weeks are going to be extremely busy and I will try to update as much as I can! Sorry for the lack of updates, again. But on the bright side IMAGINE DRAGONS NEW ALBUM SMOKE AND MIRRORS IS OUT!!!! Anyways vote, comment, share, and follow for more! Hope you have an amazing day!!!!!
-ForeverAshers