49: Sage

"ALMOST DONE WITH THIS F*CKING REPORT!, "I scream from my desk on one side of the room. Trinity and Devon had quit their Dallas jobs and are finally back in New York with me at this job where they rightfully belong! Trinity giggles and I turn around to see Devon throw a crumpled up note across the room at her, "What's that?"
Devon looks at Trinity like 'cover for me'. She unravels the paper, "Nothing, just an article that he deemed unworthy..."
I roll my chair over to Trinity while sitting in it, "I know you're lying"
Trinity blushes and I quickly get a glance at the paper before she crumples it up again, "See"
"Hand it over Blue!, "She wiggles her eyebrows and throws it back over at Devon. He catches it and I glare at him. He laughs, "You're going to search through the trash for this later if I throw it away aren't you? Trinity did you read it all?"
She blushes stupidly, "Yeah"
I nod at his first question, "And who wouldn't?"
He sticks the note in his mouth and chews it up after ripping the paper to shreds. Quickly he spits the unreadable remains in his trash can and wipes his mouth, "Shit, why is paper so gross? I hope that ink wasn't toxic!"
I roll back to my desk unamused, "And I hope it is..."

A paper ball hits the back of my head and I pick it up, "Screw you guys!"
They snicker as I read the note, "Hi... REALLY GUYS? I SWEAR GAH I'm getting back to work"
Hiding my phone from view I take an office selfie with Devon and Trinity flirting in the background. I print it on a printer from my phone after I added a caption "These are the two love birds that bug me daily" I grab my journal and write out a short and sweet note to my pen pal, put it in an envelope with a stamp on it and write out the address. I've actually had the same pen pal since my freshman year of college, and yeah we have each others phone numbers but I've never actually called, and neither has he. It's like if we did the secrecy would be broken all the words that had been shared for the past two years might be lost. But they might not, I just am terrified of risks! Huh... And I'm the manager of New York Times... Probably the most risky place to ever be besides maybe living in the fictional series game of thrones! Later that day after working I went to the post office and sent the letter. My heart skips a beat as I grab my mail while I'm there. I would notice that handwriting from anywhere... When I get home I carefully open up the letter.

Dear Sage,
Did you know that this is the 87th letter I've ever sent you? Cool right! Cause you know I'm so normal I keep count of shit like this! XD Anyways I've got a major fun week ahead of me with a bunch of my friends so I will be sure to send a picture when I can of all of us. But for now I left you with just a crazy old selfie I must've taken a couple of days ago when my best friend Jerome was over. By the way, I would really like to talk to you in person soon though I know we really never had its just I don't know the next time I will be in New York! I have a Skype though, please keep it secret! I don't want anybody knowing it. AGH IM RUNNING OUT OF SPACE! Write you soon or hopefully hear you! Bye!
Sincerely,
Your favorite hot, dashing, and haughty pen pal! Aka Mitch

A piece of paper falls out with two guys exactly my age doing duck faces in a mirror selfie. I laugh as my eyes land on Mitch's ridiculously white girl pose. With that I skim back over the letter and find the Skype username. My heart beats fast as I put the letter on the top shelf where no one looks but me, I keep of my important stuff up there including most of his letters, because the may not be so special to everyone else, but they definitely are to me. Quickly I type in his username and find him on Skype and with one final click of my mouse I call him. This was it! I would finally get to hear his beautiful voice, and talk to him without waiting weeks for a reply, I felt the anxiety running though my veins as the call was finally picked up by the amazing boy who was my one and only true pen pal...

-------------
Hey guys, hope you enjoyed! You can thank @tda2019 for an extra update today! I kinda already said everything.... Oh AVENGERS! Wait, did I already mention that earlier? I don't know, but I would love to hear your favorite superhero in the comments and have a good day! Vote, comment blah blah blah, see you soon and goodbye!
-ForeverAshers