35: Rob

I drove the guys to the airport with Anne, and she wouldn't talk to Preston or me for most of the ride. Of course I couldn't blame her either because I felt REALLY awkward too! I just hoped she wasn't mad at me for what happened. She finally spoke up whenever Lachlan got suspicious and said two words and that was all she really had to say, "Poofless kissed"
Yep... Everything was extremely awkward after that but to be clear, Preston kissed me not the other way around! Preston just stared out the window as Anne did as well from the shotgun, and I swear the whole back seat tensed up whenever she said that. I just kept driving and everything stayed quiet until Mitch softly spoke, "Its weird kissing a guy, at least this whole thing isn't public knowledge!"
Anne turns to look at him, "I just want to make this clear for a second, who in here HASN'T kissed a guy before?"
Lachlan sighs, "You know what, that was a long time ago okay! It was a dare..."
I mutter, "I hadn't before yesterday."
Anne sighs, "Well then, how many of you guys have kissed a girl?"
Everyone replies with a, "I have" except for Anne.
She nods, "So since you all have kissed both, which do you prefer?"
I laugh, "Way to make things awkward Anne!"
She just giggles, "Well this whole trip is awkward Rob a Dob!"
The back seat begins to laugh and thankfully there are no answers and Anne laughs, "I prefer guys! But I've never kissed a girl and I'm perfectly fine without. This is so awkward, Im sorry guys!"

Lachlan gets a phone call and he answers. Everything grows silent and he nearly faints in the back seat! He ends the call, "M-m-my g-girl- sh-she"
Mitch asks, "You have a girlfriend?"
Anne nods, "Yes, now shut up and let him speak!"
Classic Anne, but I was starting to worry. It takes a lot to shake Lachlan up.
"She jumped out of a 9 story-, "He barely manages to whisper.
We reach the airport and I park the car, "Lachlan? Are you okay bud?"
I turn around and look at him as tears start at his eyes, "But- SHE WOULD NEVER COMMIT- why? Why did she jump?"
He begins to cry and Mitch and Preston try to comfort him.
Anne has a serious look as she faces me, "She wouldn't do that, I feel it. There's gotta be a reason behind this! Lachlan we gotta get you home!"
We tried to clam Lachlan but had to split up from him and the other two once they passed security. I know those boys, and they'll take care of him for as long as they can! Poor Lachlan!

It was just me and Anne on the way home, everything was silent, and I realized now was my chance to clear things up, "Anne, you know I love you right?"
She nods but stays quiet, "I love you too Rob, but I need to ask you something."
I continue to drive, "What?"
She asks, "You know Preston kissed both of us? You didn't kiss back right?"
I answer, "No! Did you?"
Kinda regretting that... WAIT ROB CALM YOURSELF.
She looks away, "No, I'm guessing you didn't start all of that then?"
I laugh, "Do you really think I started that?"
She laughs but continues to look out of the window. Something's up, and I hate when people don't tell me what's up.
I speak up, "Anne, I know something's on your mind so we're both going to speak our thoughts on the count of three."
She laughs, "You're not gonna like this..."
"One."
"Two."
"Three."
We both pause and then it slips out at the same time, "Preston's a damn fine kisser!"
I look over at her and she looks at me, "Did you just?"
"Jinx!"
"Stop that!"
"No seriously!"
"Fine!"

Everything went back to normal after that really because I still loved Anne, and she loved me. Its just that now I keep thinking about that kiss, and I'm sure Anne does too... I snap out of my flashback of before the guys left a couple of days ago and get back to editing just like normal.

--------------
Hey guys, hope you enjoyed and I got one HUGE thing to say real fast. 1.5K READS THANK YOU SO MUCH I LOVE YOU ALL AND I NEVER THOUGHT I WOULD EVER BE ABLE TO GET THIS SUPPORT! HONESTLY I DONT THINK I COULD EVER THANK YALL ENOUGH FOR WHAT YOU DO FOR ME FROM THE COMMENTS IN THE MORNING TO THE READS AT NIGHT, THANK YOU SO MUCH!!! Anyways, thanks for reading! Feel free to vote, comment, share, and follow for more. Much love, and have an amazing day!
-ForeverAshers