19: Lachlan

I end the call with Anne and sit at the edge of my tailgate as I try to clear my mind of all the shit that just happened! WHY DIDN'T ANYBODY EVER TELL US?! IM SO PISSED AT MY DAD RIGHT NOW, LIKE WHAT THE HELL? I take in a deep breath to remove some of the anger. I end up playing some music to tone out the world when I see her gaze... I wave at her and she tries to look away, her brown hair and blue tips look so perfect, she was perfect.

She waves back and I decide to drive over next to her. When I get there I try to act natural, "Hey, Melissa right?"
She nods, "Yep, what's up?"
I shut the door to my truck, "Saw you staring."
She lets out a cute giggle, "Did you now?"
I jump in the back of her truck where she was sitting, "Whatcha doing?"
She shrugs, "Editing a song" She takes off her beats for a minute. I remember hearing the first song she ever made; lets just say it was amazing, "Can I hear it?"
She curls up into a ball, "It's not finished yet..."
I smile, "Thats okay, I don't mind!"
She rolls her eyes and plays the audio. It talks about love from a far; I always tend to listen more to the lyrics than to the actual rhythm of the song. The song ends and I look to her, "That was beautiful, are you okay?"
She curls up in a ball, "No."
I ask why.
She looks down at her feet, "When... Never mind it's stupid..."
I lightly held up her chin so she could see I cared though I was terrified I just took things a little to far, "Thats okay, I could say a million stupid things to you right now if you wanted me to."
She smiles and lets out her thoughts, "The song was about you..." My heart skips a beat and at that moment I give her a light kiss and she kisses back. Quickly I pull away realizing what I had done, "I'm sorry Melissa, but you don't know how long I've wanted to do that for. You don't know how long I've just wanted to let out my feelings for you, but I was too shy, I was too afraid you wouldn't like me back.."
She softly kisses my cheek, "I was afraid you didn't like me either, and it looks like we're both pretty shy."
The sun begins to set.
I blush, "Melissa I love you, will you be my girlfriend?"
"Does this answer your question?,"She leans in and kisses me on the lips! I kiss her back and wrap my arms around her waist. She strokes my hair and I continue to kiss her, the moment seems magical as the sun began to set around us. I never wanted the kiss to end, but it eventually did. It turned dark outside and I typed my phone number into her phone as she did the same to mine. We say our goodbyes, and I smile as I get in the truck and head home, not caring about all the drama that went on earlier in the day because I just got kissed by the girl I loved; and I kissed her back...

--------------------------
Hey guys, just wanted to say HOLY CRAP THANK YALL SO MUCH FOR MORE THAN 450 READS! IM SO HAPPY RIGHT NOW LIKE THANK YALL SO MUCH!!! I NEVER DREAMED I COULD EVER GET ABOVE 300 AND LOOK AT US NOW!!! Might update another chapter after this I don't know:P Talk to you then:) Vote, comment, share, and follow for more! LOVE YALL!!!
-ForeverAshers