36: Trinity

I nervously wait to see if I got the job along with a few other people in some chairs right outside of the bosses office. I was so scared I wasn't going to make it. Anytime I made eye contact with another interviewer they would look away or give me dirty looks.

The door knob turned and we all waited in anticipation for the boss to come out, but instead it was just the last interviewer. I looked down at my phone as he sat next to me. I could feel his eyes eavesdropping on my game. He lets out a little chuckle, "You a fan of Five nights at Freddie's?" His voice was angelic so I look up and meet his beautiful brown eyes, "Yeah, Im surprised you know what it is..."
He smirks, "You know Foxy well?"
I raise an eyebrow, "Like an old friend; she's my favorite..." I put up my phone and lean back breathing a little heavy, he just smiles, "You know that's probably the worst game to play when you're already jumpy about the job-"

Just then the boss walks out, "Trinity Blue, and Devon Mark please come in my office! The rest are free to go."
I stand up and so does he... Devon... Cute name... I follow the boss into the room along with Devon and he tells us to take a seat; so we do.
The boss sits down behind his desk and begins to speak, "Both of you got the job! Congrats! However, as y'all both know there was only one opening. I've changed my mind, instead I am partnering you both up as a writer and editor! Trinity, I believe you have had some experience with all of this in the New York Times before? I nod, "Yes sir." He turns to Devon, "And Devon, if I'm correct you helped edit a famous California newspaper before?"
He smiles, "Yes sir."
The boss shakes our hands, "Well then I believe you two have yourself a job. My name is Mr.Matthews and I guess I will see y'all both tomorrow bright and early!"

I leave the room grinning ear to ear. I GOT A JOB! YEAH! Devon comes out with me from behind, "Its good meeting you, and I guess we're officially writing partners now!"
A blush creeps up on my face, "Yep, see you tomorrow!" I quickly exit the building, jump in my car and head home. It was 4 in the afternoon but it still felt like 5 to me due to the eastern time zone.

I buy groceries and get to the apartment complex at around 6. When I walk into the elevator I notice someone else is in it with me. His tone sounds familiar, "What floor?"
"Eight, "I reply and meet his eyes, "You're Preston right?"
He laughs, "That would be me, and you are?"
I lean against the wall of the elevator, "Trinity Blue! And it's nice to meet you!"
He looks like he was in the midst of thought, "Wait I've heard that name before..."
I wince at the thought of my old boss that almost made me blackmail one of his friends, "New York Times?"
His expression brightens up, "Yeah! Thats right, so why are you in Texas?"
I reply, "I quit after my ex-boss tried to get me to black mail someone you probably know pretty damn well by writing a false article!"
He looks confused, "Im assuming you know what the pack is. Is it one of them?"
I nod, "You know Anne, right?"
His eyes grow wide, "YOU DIDNT ACTUALLY-"
I answer, "I SAID that I QUIT because I WOULDN'T write that about her!"
Preston sighs with relief and the elevator opens to our floor, "It was nice meeting you, maybe we can talk again sometime?"
I nod, "That would be great!" And then I drag my groceries into my room closing the door behind me and leaving me peacefully shut out from the rest of the world...

--------------------------
Hey guys, hope you enjoy! I don't have much to say so I guess thanks for reading! Feel free to vote, comment, follow, and share for more! Have an awesome day! And I will talk to you later! Bye!
-ForeverAshers