61: Melissa

We get back in the car and I hold onto Fido.
"So...", Anne suspiciously says starting the car, "What have you been up to lately?"
I reply, "Oh nothing much"
She begins to drive, "Thats not what I saw last night..."
A blush creeps on my face and I throw it back at her, "You're right, because I'm pretty sure I saw you and Rob snogging outside in the snow."
Her face turns red, "Yeah, but..." She couldn't come up with a comeback so I continue, "And don't you think I know what went on in the kitchen earlier between you and your fiancé."
She blushes more and stays silent for a moment...
"That kitchen island though", She smirks.
I grin, "I know right! Damn."
Fido squirms a little in my arms and then lays down again letting out an adorable yawn and closing his eyes. Anne glances over and then back on the road smiling. I stroke it's soft beautiful grey/black/white-ish fur,
"He's so cute"
Anne questions, "Fido or my half brother?"
I laugh, "Both. Actually I consider the Australian to be more sexy than cute!"
She shhhhs, "He's sleeping. I don't know whats more disturbing right now, the fact that you called my brother sexy, or the fact that I thought you were talking about the goat instead of Lachlan."
I look at her, "I don't know what's more disturbing, the fact that you thought I was talking about the goat, or the fact that you even considered the idea that a goat can be sexy."
She laughs, "No, goats are adorable not sexy, but you know. We haven't known each other for too long and for as much as I know you could think that about goats."
I facepalm, "Well I don't. I hope were clear on that."

We reach the cabin and Anne turns off the car. I was trapped by Fido still asleep on my lap, "Anne, a little help." She nods, gets out of the car, walks around, opens the door and picks him up, cradling him in her arms. I get out, grab the pet stuff and keys, open the door to the cabin, and walk inside. Anne follows and sets the goat down without the leash on after shutting the door. I give her an uncertain look, "Anne... Thats not a good idea..."
She stares at me, "What's he gonna do really? Run away? The door is shu-"
Rob opens the door, "Hey guy-"
Suddenly Fido sprints out the door and past the five guys who dive for him.
"FIDO GET BACK HERE!", Anne yells sprinting after him through the snow. I mutter a few cuss words and sprint out the door after my idiot friend, "ANNE, CHASING AFTER IT ISN'T GOING TO HELP. YOU HAVE TO GET IN IT'S CORRECT LINE OF SIGHT!" Fido finally stops running as Anne and I slow our pace but then the guys come running up from behind us making the goat take off again.
"FIDO!!!", Anne cries seeing a car screeching to a stop as the animal scampered across the road. He doesn't get hit and continues to run along. Jerome catches his breath, "Dammit! WHERE'S THE TEXAN WHEN YOU NEED HIM?!? He probably had a lasso in his carry on!"
...Stereotypes... Ugh.
Fido stops and warily looks back over at us. I see him shiver from the cold. Goats aren't meant to endure the cold, sheep are and if we don't get him in soon.. Well...
Anne lets out a screech again and I look back over at the goat who hesitantly sniffed at a bear trap. Oh SHIT!!! The goat thankfully loses interest and walks along avoiding the object.

What most people don't know about me, is that for a while in highschool I took Agricultural classes based on livestock. We learned almost everything about farm animals from their behavior to what products they make, and I specifically remember spending almost half a semester on goats. An great idea popped in my head at once, "Everyone I have a plan!" They all listen to me as I state the plan. Then we all split up. Anne watches Fido out of the way as the rest of us take a long route sneaking through trees making us on the opposite side of Fido as Anne so that he will run back towards the cabin area. We then create what's called a human fence and then approach Fido in a half circle. He walks away from us back towards the area of the cabin and crosses the road. We slowly do the same and Anne stops in front of him making Fido pause to find where to bolt to. His fight or flight instincts kick in an he runs back towards the human fence off a little to the side thinking that he might be able to slip past one of us. He runs at the gap between me and Rob, but before he could slip through I snatched him by his collar. Fido then jumped at my sudden movement, and I fell on my face do to the fact that I was NOT going to let go of that collar even if it meant a face full of snow. I hear everyone laugh. The goat lets out a terrible noise like most of them do when they're scared or distressed. And I sighed, "A little help here!"
Anne ran over and grabbed the goat by the collar, and I stood up wiping snow from my ice cold jacket. Fido fake coughs and Anne's eyes grow wide, "Am I choking it?!"
I nod no, "Goats fake cough sometimes to get out of situations."
Arms wrap around me from behind. "You look cold.", Lachlan whispers in my ear seductively sending me shivers of excitement.
I see Anne wiggle an eyebrow at me before picking up the goat and saying, "Thanks guys! I'm gonna go make some hot chocolate for everyone inside if you all want to come!"
We walk inside behind the rest and make sure to shut the door. Anne put Fido in his cage for being a "bad goat" but really he's just an untamed goat. Anne calls me into the kitchen so I leave Lachlan's embrace whispering sorry before I went.

When I reach the kitchen Anne shuts the door behind us that leads to the living room where all they guys were so they wouldn't over hear. She then puts packets of coco powder into the mugs, "Thanks earlier."
"Don't mention it. But didn't you ever take any animal behavior classes in school?", I ask.
Anne answers, "One. But I almost failed that class so... Yeah.."
I then ask, "Did you have anything else you wanted to say?"
She questions, "In all honesty though, have you guys-"
I roll my eyes, "You know I don't question you about shit like that. If I tell you can we f*ck off this subject mate?"
She looks over at me, "What's the catch?"
I reply, "You answer the same question about you and Rob."
Anne nods, "Fair enough"
I hesitate and she urges me on, "I won't tell anyone."
Then I spit it out, "Last night."
She yells, "I knew it!"
I blush, "And you?"
She replies, "Still a virgin."
My eyes grow wide, "Really?"
She nods, "Really."
I cross my arms, "Guess I owe Vikk five bucks!"
Anne almost drops the mug of hot chocolate in her hand, "You guys made a bet on that?!"
I swiftly open up the door and leave the room smiling, "You better believe it sister!"

-----------------------
Hey guys, hope you enjoyed! Lol kind of a strange chapter. Just realized that I'm going to another camp for 3 days on Thursday but I will try to Pre-write a chapter so I'm not just leaving y'all hanging. Wow, it almost seems like the summer is busier than the school year... Anyways feel free to vote, comment, follow, and share for more. Have an awesome day! And talk to you later! Bye!
-ForeverAshers