Begin The Begin

George: "God, holy, ow. I said down, back..." he tells Doc who barks at him "Izzie! Izzie! Incoming!" he yells as he runs into the bathroom and they both lean against the door

>>

Meredith: Fresh starts. Thanks to the calendar, they happen every year.Just set your watch to January.

>>

Izzie: "You know I'm thinking about coloring my hair. Maybe red."

George: "Yeah. Red's good. I'm thinking about cutting mine."

Izzie: "Yeah? You look good shorter."

George: "You think?"

Izzie: "Yeah."

Audrey: "Towel" she calls out and Izzie reaches into the shower to hand her one as the water shuts off "Changing your hair after heartbreak...not always a good idea." she comes out the shower and moves over to the sink and runs a brush through her hair

Meredith: "What a good dog? Who's mommy's good boy?" they hear her from outside the door and they slowly open it to see her petting Doc down the hall "Silly. Yes, I know. You're a good boy. You're such a good boy" she says in a baby voice before turning to face them "What are you guys doing in there?"

George: "We need to talk about the dog."

Audrey: "That's not a dog. It's a hyena, escaped from the zoo dressed in dog clothing." she squints her eyes at Doc

George: "Whatever! I don't chew up his clothes. I don't urinate on his bed. I don't try to mount him from behind!"

Meredith: "People, he's our dog. We love our dog. He loves us." she pets him one more time before walking off and when she leaves, Doc turns to face the three and starts barking

Izzie: "He tries to mount you from behind?"

George: "Tries to" he barks once more "Tries to." he whispers and Audrey pats him on the shoulder before moving into her room to get changed

>>

Meredith: Our reward for surviving the holiday season is a new year. Bringing on the great tradition of New Year's resolutions. Put your past behind you and start over. It's hard to resist the chance at a new beginning. A chance to put the problems of last year to bed.

>>

Richard: "Listen up people. New Year, new rules or should I say New Year and we will be enforcing the rules mandated by the residency review committee. There were too many mistakes made last year. Fatigue played too big a role. Exceeding 80 hours per week will not be tolerated."

George: "Does that mean we actually get to have a life?"

Izzie: "I think so."

Richard: "Sullivan, you were on-call for 28 hours, leave when you hit 30. Grey you were here to 2am last night, see you at noon."

Meredith: "I get to go? Free time" she whispers to Alex and Audrey

Alex: "Run before he changes his mind.'"

Richard: "Oh and people our nurses are gonna have to work extra hours to compensate so treat them well. Cranky nurses don't do us any good."

Izzie: "Well maybe you can cheer them up" she says to Alex as the crowd disperses and they start walking "You know what? My New Year's resolution was to let it go, and I am. I have...let it go. I apologize."

George: "You do?"

Audrey: "I do. How'd your test go?"

Alex: "I feel pretty good about it but I won't know for a few days."