Owner Of A Lonely Heart

Meredith: Forty years ago, The Beatles asked the world a simple question. They wanted to know where all the lonely people came from. My latest theory is that a great many of the lonely people come from hospitals. More precisely the surgical wings of hospitals.

>>

George: "I have the best quint. Lucy, she just smiled at me."

Audrey: "She's nine hours old, George."

George: "I'm saying there are 5 babies here and clearly mine is the advanced one."

Meredith: "Charlotte's smart. She's got wrinkles on her forehead, very serious."

Izzie: "Okay, A. This is not a competition and B. my quint kicks your quints' asses. Emily is strong, she won't let go of my finger."

Cristina: "Ah, hey! Julie has her organs on the outside of her body and she's still alive."

Audrey: "Thank you." the pair high five each other

Alex: "Kate's the best one" he comes into the room and checks on her before looking over at where Izzie is sitting "Izzie."

Izzie: "Leave."

Alex: "Can we please just talk?"

Izzie: "You're too busy screwing nurses to talk. Just get out."

Alex: "Can someone make sure that Kate's vitals remain stable?"

Audrey: "I will." she assures with a nod and he walks out the room

Izzie: "He's unbelievable! I am so glad I never slept with him which is his loss because I'm really good in bed. Mind blowing. Mind blowingly good in bed."

Cristina: "Are you trying to seduce us?"

Izzie: "And then he sleeps with Olivia instead of me. Olivia."

George: "Hey, I slept with Olivia."

Izzie: "Yeah well then you both have bad taste."

George: "You know you can't say that you weren't warned. Alex has always been Alex."

Meredith: "You dodged a bullet, Iz, you're better off without him."

Cristina: "Why are you even surprised? Sleep with a snake, you get bit."

Izzie: "Thanks, guys. For the support."

Bailey: "Who's on call tonight?"

Audrey: "I am." she turns to face her with a tired sigh

Bailey: "All right, the rest of you go home. Sleep. All 5 quints are still alive. It's a good day."

>>

Meredith: As surgeons we ignore our own needs so we can meet our patients' needs. We ignore our friends and families so we can save other people's friends and families. And nothing in this world can make you feel more alone than that.

>>

Cristina: "Oh, does anyone have any decent food?" she asks outloud when George and Meredith come into the locker room the next day

George: "You really should eat breakfast."

Cristina: "God, you sound like Burke. You know sometimes I think we would be better off with dogs."

Meredith: "Preaching to the choir! I'm over men." she hands her a protein bar out her locker

George: "Real nice. You know a dog is not a replacement for a human being."