Shake Your Groove Thing

Meredith: "Remember when you were a kid, and your biggest worry was, like, if you'd get a bike for your birthday or if you'd get to eat cookies for breakfast? Being an adult, totally overrated. I mean, seriously, don't be fooled by all the hot shoes and the great sex and the no parents anywhere telling you what to do. Adulthood is responsibility. Responsibility, it really does suck. Really, really sucks. Adults have to be places and do things and earn a living and pay the rent. And if you're training to be a surgeon, holding a human heart in your hands...Hello! Talk about responsibility! Kind of makes bikes and cookies look really, really good, doesn't it? The scariest part about responsibility? When you screw up and let it slip right through your fingers."

>>

Burke: "What was that, Dr. Grey?"

Meredith: "Sorry, it slipped. My hands..."

Burke: "lt's ok. l'm done. You can release Mrs. Patterson's heart now, very gently. All right. Let's warm her up. Get her off bypass."

George: "l wish l could hold a heart." he says as they watch the surgery from the gallery

Cristina: "A monkey could hold a heart."

George: "You're mad Burke didn't ask you."

Izzie: "George, l need more ice and chips." she says coming over to them

Audrey: "Who else did you invite?"

Cristina: "We said the list was jocks only: Surgery, Trauma, Plastics. Who else?"

Izzie: "Some people from Peds."

Cristina: "You invited the preschoolers to Meredith's house. Next thing, you'll say that you invited the shrinks" she says as Izzie looks away from her "She invited Mental Defects. This party is DOA."

George: "Meredith thinks this is a small meet-your-boyfriend cocktail thing. Did you clear this with her?"

Izzie: "No, but l will. l promise."

Audrey: "Why are you wasting the only weekend your boyfriend is in town on a big party?"

Cristina: "ls he bad in bed?"

Izzie: "No" she says scoffing "l just want him to meet some of my friends."

Cristina: "Right. Sixty geeks in scrubs are your friends" she says as her pager beeps "Ugh! Bad sex, sucks for you."

Alex: "l heard there's a party tonight."

Cristina: "Really? A party?"

Izzie: "Uh, news to me."

Audrey: "No party."

Alex: "We losing her or what?" he asks as they look down at the OR

Man: "Are the grafts?"

Burke: "They're open. Temperature?"

Man: "She's at 96 and rising."

Burke: "She should be doing this on her own." he says as the machine starts flatlining

Man: "That's her falling. Continue the progressions."

Burke: "Come on, Mrs. Patterson" he says tapping the heart a little "Paddles."

Man: "Sets are below 90."

Woman: "Charge."

Burke: "Ten joules. Clear. Come on, Mrs. Patterson. Give me 20."

Woman: "Charge."

Burke: "There. We have rhythm" he says as the machine starts beeping again "Reluctant heart. All right. Let's close. Keep an eye on her. Good work, everyone." he says as everyone starts to clear out