Perfect Little Accident

Meredith: Surgeons are detail-oriented. We like statistics and checklists and operating procedures. Our patients live because we enjoy following the steps. But as much as we'd love to always rely on the numbers...the plan...we also know that some of the greatest medical discoveries have happened by accident.

>>

Derek: "Karev, you still need a lift to-oh, my..." his eyes widen, entering Alex's room to see Lexie laying in the bed naked, making him turn away and she quickly covers herself

Lexie: "Oh, my God! What are you doing?! Get out!"

Meredith: "Uh...wh-why are you naked?" she questions, coming into the doorway

Lexie: "Oh."

Derek: "I should go." he nods, awkwardly walking off

Lexie: "God. No, please don't be mad. Derek was supposed to be Alex."

Meredith: "Okay. Well, Alex left ten minutes ago. And since when are you two still..."

Lexie: "Since you caught us the first time."

Meredith: "Mm-hmm. Lexie, this is Alex we're talking about. Emotionally, he's like me three years ago. You can't be having feelings for him. You realize that."

Lexie: "Yeah, of course not. No. It's-it's just sex. Okay? There's no feelings involved."

Audrey: "Oh, please. Your heart lives in your vagina." she scoffs, walking past the room as she rummages through a box of cereal

Lexie: "It...does not. I swear. It's...not this time."

Meredith: "Okay. Sure."

Lexie: "My heart does not live in my...vagina."

Audrey: "Yes it does." she calls out from inside her room, making Lexie sigh, falling back onto the bed

>>

Meredith: Mold. Penicillin. Poisonous tree bark. A cure for malaria. A little blue pill for high blood pressure. Impotence be damned.  It's hard for us to accept that it's not always the hard work or attention to detail that'll give us the answers we're looking for. But sometimes we just have to sit back, relax and wait for the happy accident.

>>

Cristina: "I misdiagnosed Harper Avery in front of Harper Avery. Do you know what that does to my chances of one day winning a Harper Avery?"

Audrey: "Well he could die before then. He could die today even."

Cristina: "I just need to operate on my motorcycle daredevil guy, and I'll be fine."

Lexie: "Is it true Harper Avery is here?"

Meredith: "So Derek walked in on her naked this morning in Alex's bed." she says, making Cristina laugh

Lexie: "Meredith! What?"

Meredith: "Oh, I'm just cheering her up. She's having a bad day. Be generous."

Cristina: "You know what? You can't be having feelings for Karev. He's like Meredith three years ago."

Meredith: "I said that."

Lexie: "I don't have feelings for Alex."

Cristina: "Yes, you do. Your heart's, like, in your vagina."

Audrey: "I said that."

Cristina: "Oh, my God."

Lexie: "You are all monsters." she shakes her head, walking off