There's No "I" In Team

Meredith: "I am a rock, I am an island. " That's the mantra of pretty much every surgeon I've ever met. We like to think we're independent. Loners. Mavericks. That all we need to do ourjob is an OR, a scalpel and a willing body. But the truth is, not even the best of us can do it alone. Surgery, like life, is a team sport. And eventually you've got to get off the bench and decide...what team are you batting for?

>>

Mark: "Hey." he greets when he comes into the waiting room where Audrey is sitting

Audrey: "Hey."

Mark: "Am I late?"

Audrey: "Nope. You are actually..." she checks the time on the clock "10 minutes early."

Mark: "You see this? The Shepherd Method?"

Audrey: "Yeah, impressive. Listen, are you free tomorrow?"

Mark: "You think they airbrush these pictures? I mean, the man does not have one damn pore."

Audrey: "Focus" she snatches the magazine out his hands "Tomorrow? Are you free?"

Mark: "Yeah. For what?"

Audrey: "My family's coming into town."

Mark: "I'm not gonna be free." he instantly shakes his head and she sighs

Audrey: "You're not gonna be able to avoid them forever. Might as well get it over now that way you're not pissing your pants everytime they come into town."

Mark: "Alright fine. But I'm gonna need the lowdown on each and everyone of them."

Audrey: "Deal." she nods and they perk up when a nurse calls her name

>>

Doctor: "So today is your first ultrasound so we're just gonna take a quick peek inside and have a listen. Any questions?"

Mark: "How clear is the picture gonna be?"

Doctor: "For right now it'll mostly look like a little blob. It'll be a little bit before we will start to see arms, legs, head, etc" she nods and moves the wand around after putting gel on Audrey's stomach "And...there...is your baby." she turns the monitor around so the two can see the screen

Mark: "Wow." he breathes as Audrey smiles at the screen

Doctor: "And...there's the heartbeat." she clicks a button and the sound of faint thumping fills the room

Audrey: "It's strong."

Doctor: "Yes it is."

Mark: "Our little blob." he squeezes Audrey's shoulder as they smile at the monitor

>>

Cristina: "I don't get it" she shakes her head, looking at the ultrasound photo Audrey shows them "Why do people get so emotional over these? You can't even see anything."

Audrey: "It's the fact that there's an actual baby inside that makes people emotional."

Cristina: "Still don't get it" she hands her back the photo "Who figured out who's gonna be the godmother this time?"

Audrey: "I don't know. I mean your Hunter's godmother and Meredith is Haleigh's. Do I just make you two godmothers again or do I pick someone new?" she wonders and they turn their attention over to Izzie who begins coughing. She smiles awkwardly, quickly turning away and they look at the door when Lexie comes inside with balloons and a basket in her hands "What are you doing?"

Lexie: "George is filling out paperwork, getting his real-life doctor wings. So I thought now would be a good time to decorate his locker."

Cristina: "Give me that coffee" she takes the cup out of her hands and looks at the others "The chief really wants us to give George one of our interns?"