I Will Survive

Meredith: We've all heard the same. It's one of those things we've learned in seventh grade science class. Adapt or die. Adapting isn't easy, though. You have to fight your competition, fend off their attacks, and sometimes, you have to kill. You do what you need to do to survive.

>>

Audrey: "Make sure you tell him how you were instrumental in getting the chief's trial approved for phase 1 human testing from mice to humans." she informs, sitting on her bathroom counter as Jackson stands in front of her

Jackson: "I'm not doing that." he shakes his head, continuing to brush his teeth

Audrey: "I know you don't like bragging about yourself, but the great thing about this is...you don't have to brag. Your work speaks for yourself."

Jackson: "Why are you helping me? Aren't we competing?"

Audrey: "We are competing. I just so happen to like my competition at their A game. Makes things all the more interesting."

Jackson: "Uh huh." he hums, rinsing his mouth out

Audrey: "But seriously, the diabetes trial is gonna win every award" she says, making his face fall as a thought comes to him "Just make sure he knows that-"

Jackson: "Audrey."

Audrey: "Mm?"

Jackson: "I'm about to take your clothes off. And I really don't want the thought of Owen Hunt in my brain while seeing you naked, so please...shut up."

Audrey: "Okay."

Jackson: "Thank you."

>>

Audrey: "Are you excited? It's been a month, Abena. You ready to go home?"

Alex: "I snagged some extra hydroxyurea. Wait, wait, wait. You forgot something" he smiles, handing Abena a small teddy bear which makes her smile "You need to take that at home, okay? Along with your antibiotics. It's gonna help with the sickle cell symptoms, and the attacks will be less severe when they happen."

Abena: "Thank you."

Lebo: "I'll make sure she takes it."

Audrey: "Now you have sickle cell, Lebo, so you need to make sure you take some, too."

Lebo: "I will."

Alex: "Promise me?"

Abena: "Yes, Dr. Alex."

Alex: "Oh. And don't forget you both have to have your blood counts monitored at the clinic, even if you feel fine."

Lebo: "I will, just as you told me. I promise. Thank you. Thank you for helping my sister. Thank you so much" she smiles, pulling him into a hug, groaning a little "Oh."

Alex: "Are you in pain, Lebo?"

Lebo: "No, no, I am fine. We have to go."

Alex: "Audrey."

Audrey: "Well, maybe we should check you out."

Lebo: "She'll miss the plane. It's no trouble. I'm fine."

Audrey: "Okay. Wait, hold-"

Lebo: "Aah! Aah!" she exclaims, stumbling in her steps as Alex shoots out to catch her

Alex: "Gurney!"

Lebo: "Oh."

Audrey: "Okay, okay, okay."

>>

Zachary: "What do you got?"

Audrey: "17-year-old pregnant female with syncopal Episode outside the E.R. She's got blood in her left lower quadrant. Could be a splenic rupture, but it's hard to tell."