Something's Gotta Give

Meredith: The human body is a highly pressurized system. The blood pressure measures the force of blood pulsating through the arteries. It's important to keep this pressure regulated.

>>

Teddy: "When a heart wasn't available, I opted to continue with Roy Henley's lung transplant..." she presents to a crowd as Audrey and Meredith sit behind Jackson and April, the former slowly falling asleep with her head on her fist

>>

Meredith: Low or inadequate pressure can cause weakness or failure.

>>

April: "It's all in your head."

Jackson: "My name isn't on the O.R. board. I checked the schedule. Nobody wants to work with me, 'cause I'm not on anybody's service."

April: "It's an oversight, okay? Just...just ask around."

Jackson: "Do you know how many things I've screwed up in the last month?"

Meredith: "Stop it. I'm serious. Just ask around and get on someone's service and get back to work."

Teddy: "...suggested no pulmonary sepsis."

Audrey: "Oh my..." she breathes, scrunching up her nose as Alex slides into a seat beside her

Meredith: "You smell like you're sweating booze. Where have you been?"

Jackson: "I want the weekend you had."

Alex: "What happens in Vegas, you know? Hey, who's Stark? I'm supposed to be on Stark's service today."

April: "Oh, me, too. He's the new peds attending, since Robbins left."

Alex: "Crap. I can't handle a bunch of sick kids today. I can't do it."

April: "So was it a bachelor party or..."

Audrey: "Shh. They're talking about Cristina."

April: "Oh." she nods, turning back to the front as Jackson glances between her and Alex with a smirk on his face

Teddy: "It became clear to Dr. Yang that they were gonna need to switch modalities. The patient was put on ecmo..."

>>

Meredith: "It's when the pressure gets too high that problems really occur.

>>

Man: "And why did Dr. Yang opt to use the intra-aortic balloon pump over an r-vad?"

Teddy: "I, um...I can't answer for Dr. Yang."

Man: "And why isn't she here?"

Teddy: "She, um...she quit. She left the program."

Mark: "I'm sorry. What? She what?"

Teddy: "Dr. Yang cleared the balloon pump with Dr. Mcqueen, who agreed that it was the best-"

Mark: "Go back. Go back. Yang quit the program?" he questions, standing from him spot

Derek: "Yeah, where have you been?"

Mark: "Well, that's the first I've heard of it. Hunt, what the hell happened?"

Owen: "She told the chief she quit."

Mark: "Richard..." he looks over at said man who walks off while answering his phone and Mark sits back down

Teddy: "If we could just finish the presentation, then-"