That's Me Trying

Meredith: Question...when was the last time a complete stranger took off her clothes in front of you, pointed to a big purple splotch on her back, and asked, "what the hell is this thing? "

>>

Arizona: "Okay. How about it, Mark? You know you've always wanted one of...these." she smiles, holding up a device to Mark who sits at the counter with Audrey beside him and the kids sitting on the couch watching TV

>>

Meredith: If you're a normal person, the answer is hopefully...never. If you're a doctor...the answer is probably...about five minutes ago.

>>

Mark: "Nah. I'm good. I will take that waffle iron."

Callie: "What? I have never even seen you eat a waffle."

Mark: "Well, I would if I had a waffle iron."

Arizona: "Okay, Callie, We're not gonna take a waffle iron to Malawi, and it's not gonna do anybody any good sitting in storage for three years."

>>

Meredith: People expect doctors to have all of the answers.

>>

Arizona: "Congratulations. You won yourself a waffle iron. Oh! And a French press."

Callie: "Hey. Stop giving...my things away." she orders, walking out the room as a silence takes over

Mark: "Maybe I should pass on the French press."

Audrey: "I'll take it" she hums, taking the device from Arizona "One less thing I have to take from Meredith's."

Arizona: "You find a place yet?"

Audrey: "Looked at a few places online. Haven't found one I want to actually visit in person yet."

Arizona: "Why not just stay here? You're already here most days and with Mark across the hall, the hospital across the street..."

Audrey: "All great perks, but...no."

>>

Meredith: The truth is, we love to think That we have all of the answers, too. Basically...doctors are know-it-alls...until something comes along that reminds us we're not.

>>

Owen: "Hey, Audrey. I need someone to help me set up the trauma lab, keep things running smoothly. You'd get your certification that way, and it's a pretty easy day."

Audrey: "It's a skills lab. Already an easy day." she scoffs

Owen: "You'll get to boss around the others."

Audrey: "I do that anyways."

Owen: "What do you say?"

Audrey: "Trauma lab or play assistant..." she hums, making him roll his eyes in amusement "Play assistant it is."

Owen: "Great. Come on."

>>

Meredith: "Am I early? I tried really hard not to be."

Jackson: "That doesn't bode well."

Alex: "We did the same thing with Bailey when we were interns. Take turns treating a dummy, get an early lunch, then get back to work. It's lame."

Owen: "Charter plane was forced into an emergency landing and collided with a greyhound bus. Mass-casualty situation" he informs, coming into the room to set down gowns "Do I need to say it again? Let's move" he orders as they all quickly follow after him "Close to 30 victims in the field, some critical. Multiple blunt trauma injuries."