Chapter 77

I guess you're just what I needed
I needed someone to feed

I guess you're just what I needed
I needed someone to bleed

***

Sitting on the couch, anxiously tapping my foot down against the floor, Harry storms his way through the front door, slamming it shut just before he runs over to me with a worried look on his face.

"Hey" Ashton holds his hand up and greets him, but slowly drops his hand back down when Harry completely ignores him and pushes him aside so he can get over to me instead.

"Are you okay?" his eyes dart over my face as his cold hands rest on my cheeks, "what the fuck happened?" he turns around and screams at Ashton before facing me again.

"She's okay, just take a deep breath."

Harry's phone was off while he was driving, which never happens so when he finally got one of Ashton's voicemails, instead of screaming at Ash through the phone like I was expecting him to do, he was yelling at himself instead.

I didn't clearly hear everything he was saying but I did hear him say something about not wanting to receive any more phone calls after hearing from someone he talked to just before Ashton started calling him. That's why he turned it off.

Turning his cell off isn't like him though, so whoever he was talking to obviously must've upset him. He looks devastated. His hair is a mess, his cheeks are red, and he keeps sniffling like he was running in the cold.

"I'm okay," I place my hand on his wrists, looking into his eyes while my other hand rests on his cheek, "Harry I'm fine we just saw him and then we came back home, okay? Are you okay? You're shivering."

Pinching his eyes shut tightly, he shakes his head before running his hand through his hair, "what? Why are you asking about me right now? I'm fine."

He's lying. His under-eyes are puffy and his eyes are light red. It's clear he was crying, but I don't know if it's because he was worried about us, or if something else could've happened.

"Ariana and I went to the dealership and she looked over and she saw Marco staring at a car. So I sent her off and told her to hide in the bathroom and I got rid of him" Ashton shrugs his shoulders, pacing back and forth while Harry keeps his eyes on mine.

"Got rid of him?" he drops his hands down from my cheeks, stands up, and spins around so his back is now facing me, "what the hell does that even mean?"

His loud raspy voice shoots an ache to my head as he raises his voice even louder, triggering my headache to worsen.

"He didn't kill him or anything!" I butt in, shutting Ashton up before he can make the situation any worse by using the wrong words to explain what had happened, "Marco just asked where I was, and then when Ashton said it was none of his business he left. That's literally all that happened."

"I'm supposed to believe that?" Harry holds his hands out to the side and spins around on his feet so his eyes are darting back and forth between the two of us, "I mean come on that's the dumbest thing I've ever heard in my entire life."

He's right, it sounds stupid and completely made up, but that's exactly what happened. Ashton was confused as well, but we're talking about Marco right now. Nothing he ever does necessarily makes any sense...that's what makes him so terrifying.

He's unpredictable.

"Harry I promise," I grab onto his arm and look him in his eyes, but his shoulders slouch down as he cocks his head to the side, looking unimpressed with my attempt at persuading him.