Chapter 45

All the things you don't wanna let go
You wanna look back on in the cold
All the times that feel like everything
When nothing really happens at all
They're still here
All in that important room
You've got your pictures up on the wall
Up on the wall

***

Shuffling around in my sleep, I roll over on to my side, lifting my leg to press against his to get comfortable, but open my eyes quickly when my leg falls to the mattress, making it clear to me i'm alone in bed.

Where's Harry?

I turn quickly onto my side, double tapping on my phone that sits on the end table to see the time, but my brows crease when the bright light causes me sensitive eyes to sting.

It's three o'clock in the morning, and Harry's not in bed. Maybe he went to the bathroom, or maybe he went downstairs to get something to eat.

Don't panic don't panic; i'm sure he's fine.

After pulling myself out of bed in a hurry, I search the entire house, looking in both the backyard and front, but I still can't find him anywhere, and my worry turns to fear when I realize his car is gone.

I'm panicking.

I dial his number at least ten times but each time I call it goes straight to his voicemail, leaving me both confused, and worried as to where he could possibly be so late at night.

I don't understand. He would tell me if he was going somewhere, and Caleb's still in bed so he's either alone or with Ashton.

Hanging up at the automatic voicemail I hear repeatedly each time I call, I scroll through my short amount of contacts until I find Ashtons name.

I pace around anxiously, but breathe out a sigh of relief when Ashton picks up the phone after a few seconds.

"Ashton" I yell into the phone, "are you with Harry? He's not in bed and I checked the entire house and his car's gone and-"

"Calm down, calm down" he speaks slowly into the phone with a somewhat loud tone, telling me to take a deep breath for a moment so he could understand me correctly.

I'm trying but i'm terrified. I don't understand why Harry wouldn't wake me.

Breathing in deeply through my nose, and breathing out slowly from my mouth, I tangle my fingers through my hair, as I pace around the cold tiled kitchen floor.

"Harry's not here and I don't know where he went. I tried calling him like ten times but it keeps going straight to voicemail each time, and I searched through the entire house, but there's no point because his car isn't here" I explain, this time slower than before, even though my heart is roughly speeding and pounding against my chest like a it's trying to break through.

Ashton hums through the phone as I explain, while I hear the sound of his keys jingle, making me feeling somewhat better knowing he's taking this seriously.

He always does though.

I honestly think if I called him and told him there was a monster under my bed he'd drive over as quickly as he could just so he could check it all out.

He never asks me questions, he just trusts that I really need him, and shows up each time.

It means a lot to me, but I can't focus on that right now, the only thing I can think about is Harry and if he's somewhere safe.

We had such a great day and this hasn't happened before so I can't help but freak out. What if I somehow triggered him? What if he tried to wake me but I didn't get up?