Chapter 66

Christmas Eve

***

"I look like an idiot" Caleb snarls at both Harry and Ashton who are both laughing as hard as they possibly can.

I pull my lips into my mouth to hide my smile, and then towards Harry, bumping my shoulder against his to get him to stop being so mean.

When he turns towards me with his brows furrowed, shrugging his shoulders like he's confused with what the issue is, I tilt my head towards Caleb and widen my eyes, telling him to stop being a jerk.

After a long few seconds, the thought must have finally registered, because he randomly blurs out "ohh" really loud which completely blows our cover.

Caleb turns to us with an annoyed expression, while Ella rushes over and grabs onto his arm, "Come on! The shows about to start" she shouts.

He tries tossing his head back to pout but nearly falls over as he stands stiffly inside the fake tree he's supposed to be for who knows what reason exactly.

He's not even a Christmas tree he's just a regular tree.

"Careful you're gonna break a branch or lose a leaf" Ash teases, immediately receiving a threatening glare from Caleb the minute he opens his mouth.

"Oh would you shut-"

"Alright that's enough! Let's go get our seats" I speak up, cutting Caleb off as I tug on both Harry and Ashton's ears the minute they try to argue with me, causing them to whine out as Caleb laughs and wobbles off away with Ella.

'Ouch Ouch Ouch' they both complain in sync, leaning down as I drag them to one of the rows in the back, sitting down next to Rita who's also here for her grandchildren.

"Hey baby how are you" she asks kindly, waving her hand over so I know to sit down next to her, "Harry honey you're looking beautiful as always" she smiles, winking at him slightly as if I couldn't see, "hi Ashton" she says last without any excitement in her voice.

I look back over to see Ashton rubbing his ear, sighing loudly as he plops down onto his seat and mumbles back an annoyed "hi" to Rita.

She's not much of a fan of Ashton's. I'm not sure if there's a reason why other than the fact Harry is so far up her ass she hates any man other than him now.

Which makes sense, seeing as he's always bringing her flowers into work whenever my shifts are over, he got her a cupcake from her favorite bakery after her doctor appointment the other night, and then they sat and talked for over an hour after my shift was already over.

Rita is trying to steal my man, and I hate to say it but I do sometimes feel jealous. Just like Ashton gets jealous of all the free food Harry gets for just coming in and 'looking good.'

So whenever they have a friendly chat Ashton and I stare at each other and play a game where we try to see who cringes the most.

It always appears to be a tie.

"I'm alright sweetheart, how are you?" Harry asks, leaning over me to whisper so they don't speak too loudly throughout the somewhat quiet auditorium.

Ashton turns towards me with his eyebrows creased and forehead wrinkled, "sweetheart? What the fuck" he mouths quietly to me, mimicking Harry and his over the top manners.

I just tuck my lips into my mouth, shaking my head while I roll my eyes at the conversation, making Ash laugh when I pretend to push Harry off of me as he leans over on top of me.