Chapter 61

This isn't just a dream
Stuck on a bad repeat
Fightin' the air to breathe
You can't touch me now

I'm a bad man
Ain't my fault
It's all I got

***

"How the hell did you get back here? We're closed and the doors- they're locked" I speak up quickly in a nervous tone with a shaky breath, looking up into his dark brown eyes, which triggers my knees to become weak from his intense stare.

His head falls slightly, rubbing the pad of his thumb against his bottom lip as he smiles down at me, "i'm not here to hurt you, I just wanna talk" he drags his words out raspingly, stepping closer to me until my back hits the sink, tripping over the broken pieces of glass from the plates that I held in my hands.

I swallow down the harsh burning feeling that tightens around my throat, glancing around the room to find a way to escape his dark presence, but when I try my best to subtly reach down and grab my phone from my back pocket, his hand comes up and grabs onto mine.

His rough touch feels like a shock of electricity shooting through my body, leaving me breathless and stunned from the harsh-burn like feeling.

"What're you doing? You don't get off for another hour kitten. No need to rush, I just got here" he hums out tauntingly in a laugh, looking down into my eyes which are staying hidden from his.

My lips part, trying to find an explanation to give, but the way he's looking down at me, feeling his eyes burn into my skin, leaves me uncomfortably scared of being alone with him.

"Why don't you text Ashton and tell him you're going to the restroom. We wouldn't want him to come inside looking for you and get hurt, now would we?" he asks lowly, pulling his hand away from my arm slowly, as he takes another step closer to me.

What the fuck is going on? What does he want from me? Is he here because of my father?

My heart rate quickens as I slowly nod my head, pulling my phone out from my back pocket, I instantly go to my text messages where I can send Ashton a message.

When my shaky fingers click on the app, he shakes his head and mumbles out "uh uh uh" as he holds his hand out flat in my direction, bending his two fingers as he motions them back and forth like he wants the phone instead.

I blow out another shaky breath through my lips, helplessly handing my phone over to the man I seem to fear most in this moment, and can't help but panic the minute my only escape is taken from my hands.

Marco backs away from me, tapping his finger against his bottom lip, he nods his head when a thought must have came to his mind.

"Doing paperwork for Rita in the back, i'll text you every twenty minutes like you said," he mumbles slowly as he taps his fingers against the phone, "do you use emojis? Maybe a heart or a smiley?" he looks up to me quickly, asking with a mischievous grin on his face.

Shaking my head nervously, too scared to speak a word, he shakes his head as well and starts mumbling curses under his breath.

"See! Those idiots think they're helping you but have no fucking clue what they're doing" he rocks his head back and sighs sarcastically.

When his head falls back down, his hair falling to the front of his face, he pinches the bridge of his nose in what seems to be frustration, "the next time someone holds you hostage and asks you a question like that, you lie. That way he knows you're not texting him. Why? Because if I just sent him a heart he probably would have been confused and came storming in! See, they're teaching you nothing. So goddamn lazy, the both of em." he yells out at me.