Chapter 8

My head rests against the car window, staring outside as we passed through town.

I'm trying my best to ignore the ache he left in between my legs but it's almost impossible as my mind replays what happened only just a few minutes ago.

The taste he left on my tongue has me craving more. Glancing over I see his hair is a tangled mess from my wandering hands, while his bedrooms are stay focused on the road, while mine are focusing on his swollen lips and cheeks that are a new shade of pink.

The silence filling the car is oddly overwhelming so i'm waiting for him to be the one to break it this time, hoping he's not sitting there regretting what had happened.

I wish I could say I feel confident enough to speak first, but every time I look at him I feel like sinking down into my seat, and after what just happened I wish I could.

"Did I upset you?" Harry finally speaks quietly in a whisper without taking his eyes off of the road.

I'm not upset we kissed, I'm upset I liked it.

I can't help but feel insecure in moments like these. Guys see the broken girl and take advantage of her and her feelings. Then when they're done with her they leave her more broken than she was before.

So I might as well take control of the situation before he does. I'll hurt myself so he doesn't have the power to do it instead.

"No but I think maybe we should just be friends. I know that kiss didn't mean we were more but I just want to make it clear now so there's not any confusion or awkward conversations about it later" I explain, worried he might just kick me out of his house and never speak to me again.

"Damn, so the kiss was that bad?" Harry laughs, biting down on his lip.

Oh great, probably should've saved the speech in case he tried to make a move again; not pull it out of ass when the car is completely silence, when he probably wasn't even thinking about it that way.

Now I just look conceited and stupid.

"What? No I-" I try to explain, rambling on until Harry stops me from suffering and explains to me that he was only kidding, while he pulled into his steep driveway and put his car into park.

My heart starts to race as he unbuckles his seat belt and leans over the center console so he could maintain eye contact with me.

"Whatever you say goes, so if you want to be friends I'm more than happy to call you my friend" Harry softly smiles, tucking a loose strand of my hair behind my ear.

His eyes are intoxicating. The way he looks at me makes me feel alive in ways that are indescribable, ways that don't make sense.

"I should go get my stuff" I point to the house, with both of my hands, trying to find a way to get out of his intimidating stare.

When I jump out of the car in a hurry, Harry stays in for some reason, but I just ignore him and walk into the house. As soon as I got into Harry's bedroom I check my phone and instantly regretted it.

Thirty Eight missed called from my father, and seventy three missed text messages as well.

I'm fucked. I knew it was stupid and I knew what was going to happen and I still was stupid enough to do it.

"Be smart and stay" Harry whispers behind me, making me jump up and almost drop my phone from my hands.

When I look over he's leaned against the bedroom door, arms crossed over his chest, with a determined stern look on his face.