Chapter 22

The rest of my morning went well.

After Harry and I finished in the bath he wrapped me in a towel and carried me into the bedroom. 

When he saw how tired I was he helped me get dressed in one of his shirts and brushed through my hair as we watched Maury. 

He of course would get distracted or upset with the show and yank my hair out of my scalp then quickly apologize and do the same thing seconds later but hey he tried. 

He even saw my nails were chipped and offered to paint them the same colored pink on mine that he had on his own. 

It was adorable watching him so focused and careful when painting them. 

So I obviously had to ruin the moment by trying to scare him. When it quiet I yelled in his face but he ended up jumping and flipping the nail brush and splashed it onto my face.

So now a tiny part of my eyebrow is a shade of pink. 

Kind of badass. 

After we cleaned most of the nail polish off we laid in bed for an hour or two until I had to start getting ready. 

I didn't want to leave but I had already promised Rita i'd help close today. 

So I left Harry's around three but he keeps texting and checking up on me every hour to make sure i'm okay. 

I know he's doing it to make sure i'm safe but I also hate feeling like I can't even go to work without him panicking or worrying about me. That shouldn't be his responsibility even though he's felt like it has been for all these years.

Harry should live his life the way he wants. Not live his life and make changes in his plans whenever I make a move or go somewhere I shouldn't be going.

This entire situation no longer has anything to do with him other than me. If he walked away now my father could hurt him because he told me the truth but what would be the point? The damage is already done. 

I didn't walk into Harry's crazy world. He walked into mine. 

Playing house and pretending like my life's not falling apart can only get me so far. Why should I even get to know people are stay close to them when they could be in harm's way? Rita could be at risk all because I took a job here. Caleb could be at risk because my father could see me hanging out with him.

Harry's even a bigger risk because he not only told me but he cares about me. My father's the type of man to take that all away just to hurt me.

I'm sure he rather hurt me and make my life a living hell instead of killing me. 

I don't even know if he killed my mom on purpose. Harry just said there was a fight and he shoved her. Maybe he didn't mean to push her that hard or maybe he just panicked and covered the entire thing so he wouldn't lose me either. 

I know i'm in denial but i'm just having a hard time understanding how someone I love, someone I share my blood with, could do something so terrible. 

So full of hate and anger and so desperate for money he'd ruin the lives of other people just so he could save his own. 

I could never be like him. 

As I sat behind the counter waiting for people to come in a man walked through the door. I stood from my chair and asked how I could help him but he just stood there in front of me completely ignoring me. 

"Ariana Dyer" he said my name in a harsh deep voice. 

Oh great he speaks "um can I help you?" I asked softly as I was startled by him knowing my name.