Chapter 75

If you leave me then I'll be afraid of everything
That makes me anxious, gives me patience, calms me down

Lets me face this, let me sleep, and when I wake up
Let me breathe. When I wake up I'm afraid, somebody else might take my place

***

It's been a few days since Rita's birthday and things have been a lot better between me and Harry after the conversation we had that night in the kitchen.

After opening up a bit more about my mother, Harry drove me to the park, walked me over to the swings, and asked me to talk to him about whatever felt right at that moment.

So I did. I talked to him about us. Told him about all the times my mother would tell me I would find a prince one day, a prince just like the ones we would see in the movies.

He immediately laughed at the title. He said he was far from something so pure, but I shut down his negative opinion and tried my best to explain to him the image of the boy that I see when I look into his green eyes.

He sees danger and I see safety. He sees anger and I see passion. He sees broken but I see a boy who happens to have a few more missing puzzle pieces than I do.

There's nothing wrong with that.

We also talked about time apart. We both know it's necessary and we both are well aware that time apart will only make us stronger. So we're working on that as well.

And as far as the argument goes, we both promised to never walk away. Walking away won't solve anything, and after simply talking about the issues we had a few days ago, the entire argument blew over. We both apologized and we agreed to move on and do better.

Now we're here.

Ashton had to attend another meeting today and Caleb had school, so when Harry got called into work last minute, he had no other option bought to bring me with him.

He told me to come inside but I thought it would be best to stay in the car, but because it's been two hours now and I'm getting a little antsy I'm now wandering into the building. Which I assume will be no problem, because he invited me in earlier.

I just want to make sure he's alright though. He stopped texting me back an hour ago and I'm sure he's just busy but it doesn't hurt to check.

I hope not at least.

Swinging the glass door open, the smell of cologne overwhelms my nose as I take a few slow steps into the dark office building which appears to be empty.

I look over beside me to see a long dark hallway that glows with a shade of red like a light is at the end of the hallway, glowing brightly which happens to give light to the rest of the dark building.

The ground creaks quietly as I walk along the wood which happens to be covered by a red rug. It appears to be an old one, one you would see in a scary movie Harry and I would watch.

This entire building seems like something you would see in a scary movie though. It's far from decorated as most buildings are nowadays.

The chipped wallpaper, the old lights that hang next to each door all seem to be burnt out, while the flickering lights above me are so dim the room is completely dark other than the red light at the end of the hall.

I wouldn't be surprised if I saw a ghost flying around the longer I walk.

Running my fingers against the dark painted bumpy walls, I stare at the old painted images that hang on the wall in a scattered pattern, staring intently at each to see if they have any specific meaning but it's hard to say.