Chapter 60

I never would have imagined there would be so much unresolved tension while baking Christmas cookies in my entire life.

Ella came back over not too long ago so Caleb, Ashton, and her are currently throwing flower at each other's faces.

Meanwhile Harry and I for some odd reason aren't really speaking, and it's beginning to not only worry me but upset me as well.

I understand if he's frustrated with work he might not want to talk to anybody, but that's clearly not the case here. Because he's speaking to everyone, acting like his normal goofy self, but the minute I look at him, he can't even look me in my eyes.

He won't speak to me at all and if he does it's just a short, "will you pass me the rolling pin" and then that's the end of the conversation.

I'm beyond confused and extremely tired.

"Ariana can you go get my speaker out of the car? I want to play some Christmas music" Ashton turns to me with dough all over his face, smiling brightly behind the powder.

When I nod my head, laughing at the mess he made, I start to walk away but jolt up when Harry grabs onto my arm, "no no i'll get it" he spits out quickly.

My brows furrow together when I tilt my head and looked to him with a confused expression, "you'll have to wash up, I can-"

"I'll go get it. Just stay inside and preheat the oven" he blurts out again, cutting me off before I could finish with what I was trying to say.

Keeping my eyes on Harry, I watch as he shoots Ashton with some sort of long stare, but when I turn back around to see the look on Ash's face, I watch as he quickly turns around and slaps his hand against his Christmas tree shaped dough.

"Stop violating my cookie you dumb ass" Caleb yells out, slapping his hand against the top of Ashton's head, which leaves him in shock.

Watching the two tackle each other in the kitchen like a bunch of fifth graders who watched WWE for the first time, Ella walks over and taps on my arm, drawing my eyes away from the nonsense in front of me.

"Hey, are you okay? You seem upset" she asks shyly, pulling out one of the chairs that stay hidden underneath the counter top.

A frustrated sigh of relief spills from my lips, as I follow her actions, pulling out another chair for myself, while I sit down.

I'm glad someone is asking, seeing as the other two will barely even look at me without having some kind of anxiety attack.

"Uhm" I whisper, looking around the room one last time as I rub at the back of my neck, "I think i'm just exhausted. I haven't had much sleep recently, are you okay?" I brush off my feelings, returning the kind gesture by asking her as well.

"Yeah i'm good" she smiles, looking back down to her hands that are covered in dough residue.

I sometimes wish I had someone I could speak to about things like this. Someone who isn't Harry or Ash, but sadly it doesn't seem like a possibility. Nobody can really know what's going on in my life, and even if they did, I know exactly what it is they would say.

Something along the lines as communication is key, every couple goes through a few rocky times, and it's better off to not overthink.

I know what I need to hear, it's just hard not overthinking when I feel like I need to every single time I speak or meet someone for the first time. I never know who i'm talking to, and it sucks even worse when Harry won't tell me either.

I just wish I knew if I was overthinking this or if i'm not thinking clear enough. Because what the hell could possibly be in that envelope that would have Harry so upset about a car?