Chapter 2

2019

"Kobe!" I yell out, spinning around in my desk chair, dancing with excitement as I finally got another rolled up piece of paper into the garbage bin.

Angela huffs next to me, rolling her eyes like I was disturbing her and her zero work phone calls. That's just her though, I could breathe a certain way in her direction and she'd somehow find a way to complain about it.

I personally just think she's jealous of my basketball skills, and the fact I get paid more than her when I kind of just sit here and do nothing. That's not my fault though, I tried telling my father what was fair but he never listens to me.

"There's fifty pieces of paper on the ground. So I don't think that was your first try. Get to work or I'm calling your father" she snarls at me, glaring at the same time as if her attitude wasn't enough.

Definitely jealous of my skills.

Deep down I really do love Angela i'm just too stubborn to admit it. She's like a mother figure to me. Always bringing me coffee in the morning, packing me a lunch, yelling at me when i'm not working, and she threatens to call my father if she sees me smoking in the back.

I guess you could say, threatening each other is just how we say I love you.

Just because I love her doesn't mean she doesn't get on my last nerve, cause frankly she always does, and I hate working with her because of it. If our schedules were different so would our relationship, but it's all out of my control at this point.

Focusing my attention back on my computer, my entire body jumps as I hear the bell go off, informing us someone has walked into the building. So I turn my chair as fast as I could and started messing around on my computer, thinking it could possibly be my father.

He thinks i'm amazing at my job, meanwhile I have no idea what I'm suppose to be doing or what my job really is.

I'm just kind of here and he pays me for it.

So whenever I come into the office I go on this website where you can fill the screen with sand. The best part is you can change the colors. So you can fill your entire screen with golden sand.

Now you may think to yourself, why would you want golden sand? Then I would simply and politely ignore your question, because I do not have the answer, but just say it keeps me preoccupied and i'm technically getting paid for it so no complaining.

My favorite thing right now is making a golden sandman. We live here in California so you don't really get to see any snow, so it's kind of nice in a really stupid way.

"Hello, do you mind helping us? We're a bit lost" a man speaks up with a raspy accent, placing his hands up onto my desk to get comfortable.

Do you not have a phone? Google it.

I close my laptop in frustration, due to the face I hate talking to people, and when I look up into his green eyes I feel a lump form in my throat.

That's Harry.

His arms were folded resting on my desk, and his body was leaning over so we were at eye level. His fingers covered in rings tapped the wooden desk, and his nails were painted a beautiful blue. The smell of his cologne was overwhelming but amazing at the same time.

I've never met him before, or have even seen him in person, my father told me he left town a few years back, so I never would've imagined him walking into here. Especially with it being my father's company.

Harry supposedly doesn't know who I am, my father's hidden me from him, but won't ever tell me why. I only know he exists because I walked into my father's library one morning and saw a stack of pictures of him on his desk. In the pictures he was walking up the street, or getting food at a restaurant, like the pictures were taken to blackmail him or something.