Chapter 14

Harry stared into my eyes as he fidgeted with the rings on his fingers. Spinning them around I could tell his mind was all over the place. This only made me more anxious to know the truth. 

I sat in silence waiting for him to be the one to speak first but started to get impatient with the lack of communication.

He was so confident in telling me he'd answer any of my questions but now that the time is here it's like he completely forgot how to speak. He's just staring at his hands and biting on the corners of his mouth.

I mirrored his actions by looking to my hands but the silence was only getting uncomfortable. 

"Are you sure you want to do this?" He finally spoke after several minutes passed. 

"Harry you told me you'd tell me. So please just explain to me what the hell is going on." I focused my attention back onto him.

"Do you want to do it here though? Why don't we go somewhere where nobody can hear us, okay? We'll just go for a little drive. I promise nowhere far just somewhere where we'll be alone." Harry leaned in closer to the table so he could stay at a whisper.

"What about Caleb?" I looked to him confused. 

"Caleb can stay here for a little. I already talked to Rita."

Talked to Rita? So he wasn't planning on telling me anything here? So the past few minutes have been for nothing but added on stress?

"Okay fine." I sighed. 

Harry stood from the table and held his hand out to grab mine. I got out myself and walked to the glass door to get outside. 

As soon as I stepped outside a gust of wind slammed into my body forcing me to fall into Harry's chest. "Are you okay?" He asked as he giggled into my ear. 

"Yeah I'm fine it's just windy and i'm tired. Think it's gonna start storming." I looked up to the sky and saw the dark clouds moving at a quicker pace. 

"It's pretty nasty out here." Harry said as he opened up the passenger seat door for me while looking up at the sky.

I sat down and watched Harry as he sprinted around his car to get into the driver's seat.

Harry must have walked from his house because my car wasn't in the parking lot. 

I handed him the keys from my pocket as he got into the car. 

Harry pulled out of the parking lot and started driving. I rested my head against the window and watched the clouds get darker with time. A few flashes of lighting appeared along with the rumbling sound of thunder. 

I glanced to Harry a few times but he was so distracted on the road and being lost in his thoughts I doubt he had even noticed it. 

He only looked over at my a few times but I think he was just trying to make sure I hadn't fallen asleep.

Small drops of rain fell to the window. As they fell down I counted each drop. I was at number seventy four before Harry started speaking again.

"I wanted to tell you everything from the day I first talked to you but i've been scared. It never felt like my place but he has you so sheltered I don't know if you'd ever figure it out on your own and if you did you'd probably ignore it. Choose to believe what you know isn't real and that's okay. It's understandable but regardless you need to know the truth. You might not believe me and you might not want to talk to me again but just know i'm telling you this because I care about you. You're going to be confused and you're going to be angry but you need to be. You can take it out on me if you need to but you need to not only hear me but listen to me." Harry spoke while leaning his head onto his hand which was rested on the center console.