CHAPTER 29

We were walking down an alley way none of us were really talking or anything but then Sokka started explaining the plan.

   "We can take the train out to the wall but then we'll have to walk." He said.

   "Don't worry! On the way back we'll be flying." Aang said positively.

   "We're finally leaving Ba Sing Se." Toph said happily. "Worst City Ever!"

   "Jet!" We heard a girl's voice and I turned to see a girl and guy.

   "I thought you said you didn't have your gang anymore!" Katara said to Jet.

   "I don't." He turned to be hugged by the girl.

   "We were so worried! How did you get away from the Dai Li?" The girl asked him.

   "The Dai Li?!" I asked.

   "I don't know what she's talking about!" Jet shouted confused.

   "He got arrested by the Dai Li a couple weeks ago!" The girl explained. "He was fighting a tea vendor who he thought were Fire Nation. They were with your sister."

   "Kaida's here?!" Sokka asked excited but frowned. "Fire Nation?"

   "They worked in a tea shop and he saw the old man with hot tea." She whispered. "It happened a couple of weeks ago, we saw him get dragged away."

   Katara and Aang both glanced at Sokka and he told us not to them say anything about Kaida actually being with Zuko and Iroh.

   "Why would I be arrested? I've been living peacfully in the city!" Jet said and Toph went down to the floor.

   "This doesn't make any sense." She said. "They're both telling the truth!"

   "That's impossible." Katara said.

   "No it's not." Sokka replied and we all looked at him. "Toph, can't tell whose lying because they both think they're telling the truth, Jet's been brainwashed!"

   "That's crazy!" Jet said fear and confusion filling his eyes. "It can't be! Stay way from me!"

   We closed in on him and I tied him up with the kyoketsu-shoges then we took him to a small house that belonged to Jet.

   "The Dai Li must have sent Jet, to mislead us and that janitor was part of their plot too." Katara explained.

   "I bet they have Appa, here in the city." Aang said.

   "Where ever they took Jet, it could be where they're keeping, Appa." I said. "So, Where did they take you?"

   "No where!" Jet answered. "I..I don't know what you're talking about.."

   "We need to find a way to jog his real memories." Aang said.

   "Maybe Katara, can kiss him that should bring something back." Sokka teased.

   "Maybe you should kiss him, Sokka." Katara replied and I chuckled.

   "Hey, just an idea." Sokka replied.

   "A bad one." Aang muttered.

   "All right, no one is kissing anyone." I looked at them. "You guys know him more than I do so."

   "Oo I got it." Sokka pulled out a piece of wheat and stuck it in the boy's mouth leaving the tip out.

   "I don't think it's working." Jet spit it out.

   "You know what?" I asked and they looked at me. "Try to think of something in your past to trigger your emotions."

   "The Fire Nation." Smellerbee said and I looked away. "Remember what they did to your family."