CHAPTER 07

We all had managed to fall alseep and now slept against each other, mainly for security reasons but the peaceful rest didn't last long. We woke up to being pulled in different directions by vines. There were screams coming from us as we tried getting out of the grips.
   I shot fire at the vine wrapped around me, I wished I could apologize but I really didn't feel sorry because it attacked us first. I tried to help the others but they were gone, except for Sokka who had cut his way out.

"Where-" I stopped as vines whipped out at us and we ran, Sokka tripped and pushed me causing us both to fall in the water we got up and started running once again.
"Don't you think we should go back for Aang and your sister?!"

"They'll be safe!" Sokka replied. "Aang's the Avatar and my sister is a waterbender and this place is like 70% water."

   "Okay, now I don't feel so terrible about running from them." I ran past Sokka.

We continued running in the water even after we were done being attacked.

"Aang? Katara!" I called knowing they wouldn't be able to hear me.

"Mirai." It came out as a whisper but I knew that voice. "Mirai, come back."

"Annchi?" I asked and Sokka looked at me.

"Annchi? The Omashu girl?" He asked confused.

"Did you hear her too?" I asked hopeful but he shook his head.

"You're just hurt." He said cutting the vines.

"Right.." I followed him and saw something and I heard her giggle. "Annchi!" I ran after her.

"Mirai, stop!" I heard Sokka behind me but I didn't, I kept running as she came into view along side Daiyu.

"How did you guys get here?" I asked still running towards them but their facial expressions changed to anger.

"You're a liar!" Annchi shouted.

"A traitor!" Daiyu added.

"No! I...I didn't mean too!" I said and slammed my eyes shut. "I'm sorry!" When I opened them they were gone.

"You sure can run." Sokka said and I turned to him tears rolling down my face.

"What was that?" I asked confused.

"What?" He asked and I knew he didn't see or hear what I did. "Come on we have to keep looking for Aang and Katara."

We continued moving. He muttered insults at the swamp as he cut through the vines and called for the others.

"You think you're so tough huh?!" He asked the vines and fell forward tripping over it.

"I'm gonna look over here." I pointed to my left and he nodded as I left.

I walked around and yawned, still tired, maybe that was it. I was hallucinating because of the little sleep I was running on.

"Mirai!" I heard Sokka call.

I ran back and saw him. "What?" I asked he was back to sitting in the water.

"N..nothing." He replied.

   "You saw something too." I said and he shook his head, instead of pushing it, I held my hand out to help him.

He took my hand and got up. We continued to walk around holding hands but neither of us really wanted to let go. It was quiet except for the sound of water as we walked through it.
We heard a short scream before we were tackled and rolling down until we stopped.