CHAPTER 62

That night I helped make dinner and we sat on the stairs eating, Aang was sitting away from us and Katara and Kaida disappeared but then the two came running back and Kaida was holding something.

"I have a surprise for everyone." Freckles announced with a smile but then paused and looked over at Toph. "Except for you Toph, sorry."

"I already know it!" Toph exclaimed "You really did have a secret thing with Haru!"

We all looked up at Freckles. "No!" She hiss and we went back to eating. "Anyways, Katara and I were looking for cooking pots in the attic and look what I found!" She let the scroll fall open, it was a painting of a Fire Nation baby.

"Look at baby, Zuko!" Katara squealed. "Isn't he cute."

We laughed but I noticed Zuko looked annoyed. "we're just teasing." Kaida said.

"That's not me." He replied. "It's my father."

"But he looks so sweet and innocent." I pointed out. "You know, not murderous."

"Well that sweet little kid grew up to be a monster, and the worst father in the history of fathers." Zuko told her.

"But he's still a human being." Aang said and we looked over at him.

"You're going to defend him?" Zuko asked.

"No." Aang replied. "I agree with you, Fire Lord Ozai is a horrible person and the world would be better off without him. But there's gotta be another way.."

"Like what?" Zuko asked.

"I don't know." Aang answered then lit up. "Maybe we can make some big pots of glue and then I can use glue bending to stick his arms and legs together so he can't bend anymore!"

"Yeah then you can show him his baby pictures and all those happy memories will make him good again." Zuko sarcastically said and Sokka and I chuckled.

"Do you really think that would work?!" Aang asked excited

"No!" Zuko snapped.

Aang sighed and began to pace. "This goes against everything I've learned from the monks, I can't just go around wiping around people I don't like." He said.

"Sure you can!" Sokka told him. "You're the Avatar if it's in the name of keeping balance I'm pretty sure the universe will forgive you."

"This isn't a joke, Sokka!" Aang shouted. "None of you understand the position I'm in!"

"Aang!" Katara called. "We do understand it's just-"

"Just what, Katara? What?!" He shouted.

"We're trying to help!" She shouted back.

"Then when you figure out a way for me to beat the Fire Lord without taking his life! I'd love to hear it!" He walked away

"Aang, don't walk away from this." Katara tried to follow him but Kaida stopped her.

"Katara, let him be alone." She told her sister. "He needs time to sort it out by himself."

‧͙⁺˚* ☀︎⁺‧͙

In the morning we started packing up. I'm not really sure where we were headed off to.

"Alright let's get moving.." Kaida said as we finished putting the last bit of the supplies on Appa.