CHAPTER 02

We were being tied to the pillars by the other Sages. I worried about my grandfather and what they would do to him for being a traitor. We watched and saw Aang jump in. A blue light flashed from inside the room and we had to wait.
   Zuko and the others tried to open the door but it wouldn't budge because the blue light and Roku didn't want them inside. Zuko asked Shyu why he helped Aang and my grandfather told him it had always been their duty to help the Avatar. There was a clapping but I couldn't see who it was.

   "What a moving and heart felt performance." The male voice said. Ugh it's Zhao, my father used to work with him.

   "I can't get away from these two!" I freckles yelled out annoyed.

   "I'm certain the Firelord will understand when you explained to him, why you betrayed him." Zhao said to the Fire Sages. Then looked at the Prince. "and Prince Zuko, it was a noble effort but your little smoke screen didn't work. Two traitors. In one day, the Firelord will be pleased."
   He walked over to me our eyes locking. "Who's this?" Before he could touch my mask, I kicked fire at him sending him back. "We'll find out sooner or later." He got back up.

   It was clear to see I hated this man, I used to be afraid of him when I was younger but now I just hated him and blamed him for they way my father turned out. Everything about him just gave off the worst vibe and aura.

   Zuko told Zhao he was too late and Aang was already in there, but Zhao was willing to wait. Zuko was tied to the same pillar as freckles and and I, there was tension between the two as they glared away from each other.
   The younger sister asked how Aang was going to make it out of this and Sokka asked how were they going to make it out of this. A blue light blinded us for a second as the doors opened. We thought it was Aang but they shot fire into the fogged room and then Avatar Roku appeared.
   He melted the chains away and Zuko quickly ran away, I ran to my grandfather and he told the Water Tribe kids, that Roku was going to destroy the temple and warned them to leave but they weren't going anywhere without Aang.

   "Please take my granddaughter to help you!" Shyu said and I glanced at him shocked.

   "We can leave together!" I told him and grabbed his arm worried. "You'll get arrested if you stay!"

   "I can handle it, Mirai." He told me and looked at the young girl. "Please."

   The three of them looked unsure but agreed as he ran and we waited for Aang.
   Aang came back and they helped him. The stairs had been filled with lava and we were going to be burned by the same lava if we didn't leave soon. The group looked out the window debating if they were gonna jump. Before any rash decisions were made there was a flying lemur and a flying bison that came towards us. They all jumped but I hesitated until I felt a tug at my arm.
I was ready to scream but I felt my knees hit a surface. Either we made it or I died. I looked up at Sokka and yanked my arm away.
   As we flew away I stared at the sinking building. I could feel their eyes on me. I sighed trying to calm down, I stood up and blasted fire from my hands shooting it at Zhao's ship, hitting it once.

   "I'm sorry." I apologized, I really did feel bad but it didn't come out in my voice, you can't blame me but it still made me cringe at myself.

   "It's fine. You can teach Aang, how to firebend." The younger girl said sternly.

   "No..." I replied. I knew that's what my grandfather would have wanted but I couldn't leave without him, he was like my father, a father who actually cared about me.
   "Drop me off where-ever. I have to go save my grandfather from Fire Lord Ozai and Zhao."

   We landed in the woods and freckles gave me some money. I thanked her and they took off leaving me alone. At least she was sort of nice and they weren't as bad as I expected them to be.

   Hopefully I will see them again.

‧͙⁺˚*・༓☾ ☀︎༓・*˚⁺‧͙

   When I started traveling alone I had started enjoying it. It reminded me of when I first ran away to find my grandfather.
   I had to admit being 16 made it a lot easier and all, people wouldn't question me as much as when I was thirteen and this time I didn't really have to hide my face because I was supposed to be dead.
   I stopped in the Fire Nation Capital and remembered everything I could, good and bad. It's been three years since I had last been here. No one would even recognize me but I still put a hood over my head just to be safe.
   I snuck into the prison where they were keeping my grandfather. It was hard but since I was a firebender they didn't suspect anything.

   "Mirai?" He asked.

   "Grandfather!" I smiled finding his cell. "We can get out of here." I took the keys and tried unlocking the cell but he placed his hands over mine.

   "No Mirai," I looked up at him confused. "I told you to go with the Avatar."

   "Grandfather, he's a child!" I argued and glanced around. "Please, I know Ozai is waiting to punish you, you specifically for helping the Avatar."

   "Mirai, You need to go to Omashu." He told me conpletely ignoring me. "Teach the Avatar Firebending. You might be able to save the world or at least protect him and his friends on their travel."

   "I'm not leaving you for the kid who disappeared and somehow reappeared 100 years later." I told him still refusing to leave.
   He looked at me beggingly so I sighed. "How do you know he'll be in Omashu?"

   "Trust me child, he will be there." My grandfather replied and I gave his hand a squeeze. "I will be alright, now go before they catch on to who you really are."

   I looked at him and hugged him, he hugged me back through the bars. "Bye grandfather." I said.

   "Goodbye, Mirai." He said still hugging me. "You may not see it now but you are helping to mold our future for the better."

I ran out of the prison and of course I was worried about my grandfather but I couldn't focus on my emotions, I had to get to Omashu. The sooner we save the world, the sooner I will be assured that my grandfather is okay.

————————
Edited; 11/20/20
Re-Edited; 7/20/21