CHAPTER 22

Sokka's POV

I kissed her.

When I first met Mirai, I thought she was sketchy. The girl wore a mask that covered her entire face, not only that, but she was a firebender from the Fire Nation. In fact I feel bad for ever thinking this but I hated her.
I know it sounds bad. When she wanted to leave I was relieved and it didn't it effect me so much but when we found her again. I still wasn't the biggest fan. I had my suspicions against her but she helped us and well after I heard what happened between her friends in Omashu I couldn't help but feel bad for her. She lied in order to protect them and it backfired hurting her in the end.
She was really pretty and everything, of course she is sarcastic but that attracted me more towards her. The emotions she did show made her seem sweeter than she intended to look. When I started to fall for her I thought about Yue, I thought about mom, and I thought about Kaida, all the people I couldn't protect not only that but they were all hurt by the Fire Nation and Mirai is from the place I hated the most.

I scared myself for some time but I didn't want to hurt her. I could tell she's been hurt so many times and I heard her get hurt. Her father was a monster.

That was the last time I would ever let anyone hurt her.

End of Sokka's POV

"Sokka." He looked at me confused. "If you're gonna keep staring I'm gonna have to break up with you."

He smiled a blush dusting his face and he scratched the back of his head. "Sorry, I just can't believe we're together."

My heart skipped a beat and I smiled pulling him so we could catch up with the others. Earlier Sokka and I agreed to start dating and well it just made my stomach flutter. Right now that was all I could think about.
We had continued to walk after Aang left, a silent agreement was made that we would all meet in Ba Sing Se once he found Appa and we told the king about the solar eclipse. We were helping the small family get to Ba Sing Se while getting there ourselves.
We were now closer to the wall but we saw Aang gliding towards us.

"Aang, what are you doing here?" Katara asked. "I thought you were looking for Appa."

"I was." Aang replied. "But something stopped me, something big."

We rode on rock sponsored by the Earthbender and Avatar. Then the two also rose us up on a platform against the wall.

"Now what's so big that Appa, has to wait?" Sokka asked.

"That." Aang said and we looked at the drill with the fire symbol heading for the wall.

"We made it to Ba Sing Se and we're still not safe." Ying said sadly. "No one is."

"What are you people doing here?!" We turned to look at the wall guards. "Civilians aren't allowed on the wall."

Aang told them he was the Avatar and they took us to whoever was in charge. While they took Ying and her family to the station to actually get into the city.

"It is an honor to welcome you to the outer wall, young Avatar." General Sung smiled. "But your help is not needed."

"Not needed?" Aang asked, clearly they did need our help.