CHAPTER 53

The green sludge was quickly starting to fill the room and I thought by now, after those long three weeks of being locking in a Cooler I would no longer be afraid of closing tight spaces but I was so wrong.
   My palms began to sweat rapidly. I pulled out my kyoketsu and looked over at Aang to see he lost the staff to the sludge so he jumped up and grabbed onto the bars, I throew the chain up so it wrapped around a bar and pulled myself up.

   "I can't move!" Aang struggled to pull off. "Zuko, do something."

   "Me? I can't move either!" Zuko to the Avatar.

   I was put into straight panic, my heart racing and my throat felt like it was closing on me.

   "You okay, Mirai?" Aang asked.

   I shook my head feeling the pressure of the green sludge pressed against my back, we all groaned as it pushed us until it stopped.

   "It stopped." Aang pointed out. "It stopped Mirai!"

   "G-Great." I was still clutching onto the bar, my knuckles turning white.

   "At least we have air." Zuko said. "Maybe if we stay calm, we can figure a way out of this."

   I nodded and started taking in deep breaths and releasing them, breathing techniques taught by my mother, they were meant to calm me down from rages but I never needed more than I did at that moment.
   It took an hour or so for me to calm down but when I did, I felt lightheaded.

   "You okay?" Aang asked and I just nodded.

   "S-So have you two thought of anything?" I asked, neither of them answered. I couldn't be mad because I hadn't thought of anything either.

⇨ ⇨ ⇨

   The rest of the day stayed silent and soon it became night, I was more calm but we all grew annoyed at this point.

   "You just had to pick up the glowing egg, didn't you?" Aang asked Zuko.

   "At least I made something happen. If it were up to you two, we never would have made it up past the courtyard." Zuko replied.

   "Oh yes. Thank you for trapping us!" I sarcastically said to Zuko. "You're so smart."

   "You're one to talk! You haven't done anything to help since we got here!" Zuko yelled at me.

   "Boo hoo, cry me a river." I rolled my eyes. "I didn't get us stuck."

   "YOU DIDN'T DO ANYTHING!" Zuko yelled.

   "Guys, we're supposed to be working together!" Aang told us. "Now we can't just sit here doing nothing."

   "We have been for the entire day." I muttered. "What's your bright idea?"

   "HELP!!" Aang called out.

   "Who are you yelling too?!" Zuko asked. "No one has lived here in centuries!"

   "Well, what do you think we should do?" Aang asked. We stayed quiet waiting for Zuko to suggest something.

   "Think about our place in the universe." Zuko replied. Aang and I glanced at each other.