CHAPTER 24

We started to get a lot done and I realised this was starting to get too easy and when things start to get easy something gets in our way. Something always gets in our way.
I finished, tired and almost sweating from using up most of my energy to melt the brace.

"Good work team Avatar!" Sokka cheered us on. "Now Aang, just needs to-" he cut himself off with a scream and dodged blue fire.

See I told you.

We looked up to see Azula and her two minions, Mai and Ty Lee. Azula shot at Aang who dodged it by jumping with his airbending.

"Wow Azula, you were right, it is the Avatar!" Ty Lee smiled then looked over at Sokka with a smirk. "And friends."

I glared at Sokka then shot up at Ty Lee which she just barely dodged. "He's taken." I pulled him out and we ran as they chased us.

"Guys get out of here!" Aang told us and ran in the other direction. "I know what I need to do."

"Wait!" Katara called and we looked at him. "You need this water more than I do."

We ran down a dead end and saw a closed container the sign read slurry pipeline. Sokka tried opening it.

"What does that mean?" Katara asked.

"It means what it says." I answered just as Sokka opened the hatch and we looked in. "Rocks and water mixed together."

"It means our way out!" Sokka said.

"Seriously?" I asked disgusted. "I'm not jumping in there. That's disgusting."
I looked back at Mai and Ty Lee, I smirked shooting them with fire so they back up as the siblings jumped in. I felt a tug and fell in with Sokka. I held onto him as we resurfaced, I also glared at him and pulled off my mask wiping all the sludge off my face.
We fell out of the end of the machine screaming, we sat in the same sludge that was pouring from the hole.
"Disgusting!" I stood up covered in the sludge. I thought I was bad but Sokka threw a little tantrum. Ty Lee was coming out but Katara stopped the water by bending it.

"Let's see if you can do anything from up there you circus freak!" I shouted up at her. My emotions towards her clearly filled of hatred and jealousy from earlier.

"Katara, keep that up." Sokka told her. "The pressure will build up in the drill then when Aang, delivers the final blow it will be ready to pop."

Sokka was complimenting his sister but then he started telling her what to do and she was sick of it so she splashed him away. Toph came out from underground and helped Katara clog up the drain.

"I'm gonna go up and help, Aang!" I called and before Sokka could stop me, I got on the roof. I pulled my mask down back over my face, nervous about facing Azula but also a little thrilled. I saw Azula pick up Aang and pin him to the wall.
"Azula!" She looked at me as I shot fire at her, of course she blocked them with her own blue one and shot some at me making me fall. I guess I was still weaker than I thought.

"I'll deal with you later." She said and turned back to the Avatar that she was ready to kill.

"AANG, WAKE UP!" I shouted and stood up feeling dizzy then Aang over powered her, pushing her back. I kicked her off the drill. "Let's go!"

"I have to deliver the final blow!" Aang told me and I ran over to melt more metal but then Azula came flying back up. Only as she ran towards us the sludge started to shoot out causing her to slam into us and we slipped different ways.

Momo saved Aang and I saved myself as we got back on. Aang told me to go and so I hesitated but left after I saw what he was doing. I looked back and heard Azula screaming getting pushed back by air. I jumped over it and smirked then watched the rest of the drill was blowing up by all the sludge and breaking off piece by piece. I started running faster.
I jumped off the end just as the last piece bursted, I landed rolling onto the rock Toph had rose up. She only did this to avoid getting any sludge on them.

"Mirai!" Sokka let go of his sister and hugged me.

"He did it." I smiled and hugged him back. I loved the warmth of his body, it was comforting.

⇨ ⇨ ⇨

We had cleaned up and watched as the Fire Nation people flee from the broken drill while others were imprisoned.

"I just wanna say, Good effort out there today, Team Avatar." Sokka said as we were standing on the wall.

"Enough with the Team Avatar stuff." Katara said. "No matter how many times you say it, it's not going to catch on."

"How about.." He whipped out his boomerang. "The Boomeraang Squad! See it's good cause it's got Aang, in it! BoomerAANG."

"I kinda like that one." Aang replied with a smile.

"Or a simpler one." I smirked. "The Gaang! It also has Aang and we can say it all the time."

Sokka put his arm around me. "Let's talk about this on our way into the city." Katara said.

"The Aang Gang?" Sokka asked as we walked away.

"What's wrong with my idea?" I asked. "It's basically the same as the Aang Gang just shorter and together."

"Yeah but it's too simple." He told me and I smiled kissing his cheek. "It's starting to grow on me."

⇨ ⇨ ⇨

We had missed the last train that was leaving the station for the night so we found a spot and set up a little camp of blankets there.

"Mirai." I looked up from my book at Sokka. "Can we talk?"

"Sure." I set my book down and Momo picked it up. "You better not eat a page." I warned him and watched as he closed the book and scurried to Aang.
Sokka and I started walking away from the group. "What's wrong?"

"I'm sorry... For forcing you-" He tried but I stopped him by kissing him.

"Sokka, I pushed myself." I told him as I talked about melting the brace. "I just wanted to prove to you and the others that I could be help, I haven't been doing much since I joined the team. Aang's still avoiding to learn firebending but I want to help.
I just didn't want to keep feeling useless and like a burden." A chuckle passed my lips but I felt weak. "I don't know I guess I want to feel full of myself." I sighed annoyed with that thought. I really did feel useless and they could drop me at anytime they felt like it.

"You've been helping us a lot and not just in firebending." He said. "Like when you saved Toph from drowning. I guess you're here to give us hope I mean I know you have a purpose to be here."

I wrapped my arms around him and hugged him, he hugged me back tightly before we headed back to the others.

————————
Rushed chapter but yeah, the power went out for the whole day in my city so I couldn't really post because my phone died but it finally came back at 10:00pm so yeah.

Edited; 12/08/20
Re-Edited; 7/24/21