THE TALE OF MIRAI

We were all in the bathroom standing in front of the mirror, well aside from Toph. Aang was keeping his head cleanly shaved. Katara was placing her hair loopies in place. Sokka trimmed his little mustache with his sword.
I watched him, his hair was down and wet making him look cuter than when it's up in a wolf tail. He winked at his own reflection and I chuckled, I was brushing out my hair and putting in my golden hair clips.

"Ready?" Sokka asked looking at me. I smiled at him.

"No, I just need a break." I sarcastically replied. "Do you want help with your ponytail?" I asked playing with his hair.

"Warrior wolf tail!" He shouted and I laughed and started doing it.

"We should go out for breakfast." I suggest as I finish.

"Do you have money?" He asked as we walked out out of the room.

"We're with the Avatar, we don't need money, it's all covered remember?" I said as I walked into my room. "I'll be out in a minute."

"Fine but after a minute I'm leaving you." He teased and I playfully rolled my eyes.

I got dresses and walked out ready for the day. Sokka was leaning against the wall across from my door, A blush covered his cheeks and he looked away.

"You look nice today." He said and I made him look at me.

"Thanks." I simply replied and walked away.

⇨ ⇨ ⇨

We talked as we walked to a small resturant and got breakfast. He told me about their travels since I left them, till the moment I got back. I told him about my time growing up with my mom and grandfather since those were really my only good memories.
When we finished I left some money just to be generous. We walked around the shops for hours looking and we ended up in the lower part of Ba Sing Se.

"Another snake?" I looked up at the familiar voice. I saw Annchi and Daiyu. I pankicked and ducked down.

"What are you doing?" Sokka asked.

I yanked him down beside me. "Shhhh!" I peeked out and so did he.

"Hey it's those girls from Omashu." He pointed out and I pushed him back down.

"I said SSSHHH!" I whisper yelled and we got up, I pulled us over to a small shop that had hats and sunglasses. I placed them on him and some on myself.

"That doesn't really match your outfit." He joked and I shushed him again not in the mood to be joking.

"It doesn't matter, we're gonna run past them and never come back here." I said and he shook his head. "What?"

"Mirai?" I tensed up at Annchi's voice and stayed looking at Sokka.

This can't be happening.

"No..." I lied changing my voice, making it higher.

"We know it's you, turn around." I slowly did so and Sokka held my hand for comfort.

"Oh it's you two." I said and coughed getting rid of the high voice and taking off my attempt at a disguise. They both looked at me, Daiyu glaring and Annchi just looking disappointed.
I frowned and lowered my head. "Don't worry, we were just leaving."

"Wait!" Sokka stopped me. "Look you two can't hate, Mirai."

"Sokka, let's go." I tugged on his hand feeling like a child just doing that.

"No." He said then turned to the girls. "She told you her real name! Yes she wasn't who you really thought she was I mean people-wise."

"Sokka, not helping." I said.

"But she's still the girl you became friends with because she really hates the people you hate." Sokka smiled like he did something. "The Fire Nation."

I glanced at them and I stumbled back my hand pulling away from Sokka's. I was surpised to say the least, but Annchi hugged me tightly and I hesitated but her touch was so comforting so I wrapped my arms around her.

"I'm so sorry." She said still hugging me.

"No, I'm sorry." I apologized then we let go looking at Daiyu who had her arms crosses in front of her.

"She missed you too." Annchi smiled and nudged her sister. "Come on, you know you did, sis."

"It's fine." I said.

"Fine. I missed you but-" before she could finish Annchi pulled her and I into a group hug.

"Hang out with us." Annchi pleaded.

"Uh.." I glanced over at Sokka.

He waved. "Go on. I'll meet you back home."

"Thanks." I kissed his cheek before being pulled away by the two girl and we hung out for the rest of the day.

I had to admit, at the beginning it wasn't the same with Daiyu but she still acted like a friend and that's all I really wanted, by the end of the day she was back to the way she treated me before.

⇨ ⇨ ⇨

"I should be getting back home." I said as the sun was almost fully set. "I live far away."

"We hope to see you again soon." Annchi said.

"Ehh." Daiyu shrugged and then smirked. We hugged before I left.

I was walking down a side walk it was really starting to get dark but there were still lights that lit the city. It made the place look cozy and pretty, there was a light breeze but again it was cozy.
   I wondered if Sokka enjoyed his day alone, I felt bad that I left him alone after agreeing to spend the entire day alone with him.
Speaking of the idiot.

"I calls it easy." I looked into the window to see Sokka in a class full of girls. "Like I paddle my canoe, I'll paddle yours too." He smacked his butt at the girl on stage and the girls watching giggled.

   I felt jealous that they were actually giving him attention and he seemed to be enjoying it.

"There's nuts and there's fruits. In fall the clean plum drops always to be squashed." She stepped on the plum that she dropped and glanced over at me but I smiled and waved.

"Squish squash sling that slang. I'm always right back at ya, like my boomerang." Sokka replied and pulled out his boomerang. The girls giggled even more at the boy which made me roll my eyes.

I looked at the girl and caught her attention motioning for her to kick him out. She stepped down and again I rolled my eyes.

"That's right! I'm Sokka! It's pronounced with an Okka, young ladies, I rocked ya." They stopped giggling and I smirked from my spot at the window.

"That's six you bozo." I called and he looked back at me. I smiled and curled my fingers in a wave before a big man picked him up and threw him out.
I walked around and saw him sitting with his chin in his hand. His face lit up when he saw me and he was ready to hug me but I pushed him back then walked past him.

"Mirai!" He whined chasing after me.

"You're a jerk." I spoke. He pouted and gave me his puppy eyes. "Don't do that again."

"I won't." He smiled and kissed me under the lights. "You know I only like your attention."

"Mhmm." I pulled him in for another kiss.

————————
Posting at the same time as my other story, which you should go read by the way.

Edited; 12/20/20
Re-Edited; 7/29/21