CHAPTER 45

The whole ride my father talked and I ignore him glaring out the window. I sometimes gave him fake and sarcastic replies like when he asked if I was really travelling with the Avatar. I told him 'No I was travelling with hippies.' But then I had to tell him he was dead I was just traveling with my friends trying to figure out what we could do to stop the Fire Nation.
We spent the rest of the ride in silence but I really wanted to ask about what Azula told me.

"You have another daughter." I said.

"Yes. She's also a very good bender, I guess it runs in the family." My father said as I glared at him. "Much more powerful than you."

I scoffed. "I bet." I said. "You're just teaching her to firebend aren't you? No weapons, no self defence so she can't protect herself when she can't bend without fire?!"

"When you have fire what more do you need." He asked.

"Just you watch!" I snapped at him. I thought of Sokka. "You'll see what a non bender can really do!"

He and I glared at each other but we stayed quiet. Eventually we arrived to the Capital city of the Fire Nation and to the prison. I was pulled out of the carraige and stumbled forward only to look up at Azula.

"Mirai, what a pleasure it is to see old friends." Azula smiled.

"Friend?" I repeated. "Are you serious. Azula, we both know you would kill me if it were up to you."

She glanced at my father. "You can come visit soon." Azula told him and he left.
She took me in and as we walked in I glanced in a cell to see Iroh, he looked at me but it was only a few second before I was taken to a cell and I noticed there was a cooler.

"Wait!" I stopped but the guards shoved me inside. "No! Azula! Azula!" I slammed hands on the door and started heavily breathing my heart was beating quickly and I couldn't even think properly. "PLEASE LET ME OUT!"

"Oh that's right, you're afraid of tight enclosed spaces." She smirked leaving.

"Please let me out!" I shouted out of breath. "Pl..please!"

I felt hot flashes but I couldn't firebend in the freezing temperatures. I kept trying while I panicked, if anything it only burned my skin, but the adrenaline hid the pain. I curled up and slammed my eyes shut trying to calm down but I couldn't.

"Sokka will come." I said to myself through tears that stung my face. "Sokka will come."

I constantly said that to myself and through my panic attacks. After a while I would pass out. I don't know how long I was in there for before they let me see people but when I got out I couldn't firebend at all.
My father came to see me and I only told him that Sokka would come. Azula came to visit me, well taunt me and I told her Sokka would come save me. I was locked in the cell everyday and everytime I had to go back in I would have a small panic attack before I could somewhat calm down.
I found out it had been a few weeks. I was locked up for what's felt like forever. He wasn't here yet.... I admitted I had to give up on waiting him. I had to save myself.

Sokka is coming he promised he wouldn't let anyone hurt me.

Sokka's POV

After we landed, I jumped off and I hated myself, the pit in my stomach grew heavier after Katara and Toph told me what happened to Mirai. I yelled at them which was wrong on my part and so was wanting to go to the capital just to get her.

"We have to wait until the invasion." I said to myself but I felt like somehow she would hear me, I wanted her to know that I was still going to try. I closed my eyes holding back the tears but they fell so I fell to my knees.

I couldn't protect mom, I couldn't protect Yue, I couldn't protect Kaida and now after trying so hard, I couldn't protect Mirai.
I punched the ground frustrated. She's Fire Nation I shouldn't feel this way but I do because I truly love her.

If anything happens to her. I would never forgive myself.

End of Sokka's POV

Every day I would be taken out of my room and down a hall always seeing Iroh. He and I would exchange glances, I always wondered how could Zuko lock up his uncle.
One day as I was being taken out to see my father but I had another plan in mind. I shoved the guards into the walls and knocked them out dragging them into a closet and taking their keys. I wore a uniform and walked out heading to Iroh's cell.

"Mirai." He said. "What a pleasure to finally speak."

"I'll get you out of here." I said and looked for the key. "We can get away but we have to be quick."

"No Mirai!" He said harshly and I stopped. "We are meant to wait here until the day of the eclipse."

"B-but we can leave now." I stammered. "W-We can go today escape..."

"Our time will come to help the others." He said. "You have to stay. On the day of Black sun I will help you escape."

"Neither of us have bending that day." I quickly spoke. "I can't even firebend anymore!"

"Mirai, settle down." He said and his voice calmed me. "I need you to trust me. I will help you escape but we will go seperate ways, you will help the Avatar and learn to bend again all in due time.
I will help you all on another day. You mustn't give up hope, I need you to keep fighting for yourself and for the people you care about. Take care of yourself and don't forget how to protect yourself when you don't have fire."

I nodded and just then a guard walked in. "You're going to be locked up for a long time!" The guard told me as he pulled me out. He shoved me into the cooler and slammed the door close.

   I closed my eyes and thought about what Iroh said, I couldn't believe that I was forcing myself to stay locked up just because he told me too. I had to trust him, someone, I need something to keep me grounded. This was going to be over soon, at least that was the hope of it all.

‧͙⁺˚* ☀︎⁺‧͙

The day came, the day of the Black Sun. I knew it was the day because I heard crashes and yelling. I stood up as the door was pulled open. Iroh stood there with a pile of clothes. It was my original clothes, my mask and Kyoketsu-shoges on top.

"Thank you Iroh." I said and bowed. He bowed and I went back in getting changed.

I walked back out in my comfortable clothes and we ran out fighting the guards. Then the eclipse began leaving the guards helpless. I grew angry but even then I couldn't firebend so I just used my weapons and fought them since they only knew how to bend, their close combat skills were terrible making this easy. Thank the spirits they were all full of themselves.

—————————
Edited; 8/1/21
This was clearly a rushed chapter and section of the story, I know it's not really what other writers would have done. They probably would have sent their OC to boiling rock and they would work together to escape.
BUT that's not the case. Since she lost her firebending she would have to get it back, this way she will build a better bond with Zuko who joins the team later on. There is also something else waiting in future chapters so please be patient and understand.
VOTE