CHAPTER 31

We got on the train heading to Lake Laogai to show the king where Long Feng was brainwashing people.

"So this is what a train is like." King Kuei said and we looked at him. "I didn't know it would be this...public."

"So you've never been outside the upper ring before?" Katara asked.

"I've never been outside the palace." He told her and the siblings looked at each other. "Now that's the way to travel!" He pointed to Aang and Appa
"So, may I ask where we're going?"

"Underneath Lake Laogai, your kinglyness, to the Dai Li's secret headquarters." Sokka answered. "You're about to see where all the brainwashing and a conspiring took place."

"And maybe then you'll believe us." I said.

When we arrived to the lake, Toph stomped up the Earth but the entrance had been destoryed.

"It's okay, still got my positive attitude." Sokka pointed out, I knew it was killing him inside and I smirked.

"The Dai Li must have known we were coming and destroyed the evidence." I said and looked at the king who looked annoyed because we wasted his time. "King Kuei, you have to believe us."

"Hmmm that seems awfully convenient." The king said.

"Hey, if anything this proves the conspiracy exists even more." Sokka said.

"Long Feng, was right, this was a waste of time." The King said. "If you'll excuse me, I'm going back to the palace."

I paused to think. "The drill." I whispered. Then smirked. "We got them now!"

"They'll never be able to cover that up in time!" Katara smiled.

"Oh yeah!" Aang stopped the king. "If you come with us to the outer wall, we can prove to you that the secret war is real."

"No Earth King has ever been to the outer wall." The king walked past him. "I don't have anymore time for this nonsense."

"You literally have nothing important to do." I rolled my eyes but then Sokka nudged me basically telling me to be nice.

"If you come with us, this time you can ride on, Appa." Sokka sang and we got the king to come.

⇨ ⇨ ⇨

"First time flying?" Toph asked the screaming king.

"It's both thrilling and terrifying." The king said.

"Yeah, I hate it too." Toph replied and I chuckled.

"I have to be honest with you." The king said. "Part of me really hopes that what you're telling me about this war, isn't true."

So do I, so do I.

We arrived at the wall to see the drill was still there but it was closed off by a wall. The king asked what it was and Sokka told him what it and why it was here.

"I can't believe I never knew." The king said.

Then Long Feng came up with two agents. "I can explain your majesty, this is nothing more than a construction project."

"Really?" Katara asked. "Then perhaps you can explain why there's a fire insignia on your construction project."

"Well it's imported of course!" Long Feng replied. "You know you can't trust domestic machinery." No one believed him. "Surely you don't believe these children instead of your most loyal intendent."

The king looked between us and I glared at string bean. "Dai Li arrest Long Feng, I want him to stand trial on crimes against the Earth Kingdom."

The Dai Li did so with regular metal handcuffs. "You can't arrest me! You all need me more than you know!" He shouted as he was pulled away.

"Looks like Long Feng, is Long Gone!" Sokka shouted and laughed, wiping the tear off his eye.

"How long have you been waiting to use that one?" I asked.

"Oh since we met the guy and needed to take him down." Sokka replied and pulled me in for a kiss. "Great idea, bringing the King here worked."

"Of course it did." I smiled as we followed the others onto Appa to held back to the palace.

⇨ ⇨ ⇨

That night we got back to the palace. "I want to thank you young heros, for opening my eyes." The king said. "All this time what I thought was a great metropolis was merely a city of fools, and that makes me the king fool. We're at war with the Fire Nation."

"That's why we came to Ba Sing Se, your highness." Sokka said. "Because we think you can help us end the war."

"We don't have much time!" Aang said. "There's a comet coming this summer, it's energy will give the firebenders unbelievable strenghts. They'll be unstoppable!"

"But there is hope." I said. "Before the comet comes, we have a window of opportunity, a solar eclipse is coming. That means the sun will be covered by the moon the firebenders will be helpless."

"What are you suggesting, Mirai?" The king asked and I looked at Sokka.

"That's the day we need to invade the Fire Nation." Sokka said. "The day of black sun."

"I don't know." The king replies unsure. "That would require moving troops out of Ba Sing Se. We'd be completely vulnerable."

"You're already vulerable." Sokka said.

"Your majesty, I'm a firebender." I bowed and looked up at him. the others looked at me. "But I go against the entire nation and I hate that I'm associated with them."

"We trust her." Sokka said placing his hand on my shoulder.

"The Fire Nation army is cruel, they will not stop until the city falls." I told him. The one person I was thinking about was my own father. "Would you rather sit back knowing that could happen at any given moment or fight trying to stop it from happening? Fight for your people to be safe."

"Very well, you have my support." The king said and Sokka pulled us into a hug as we cheered.

"Your majesty." Someone said as they came in. "I apologize for the interruption."

"This is General How." King Kuei said "He's the leader of the council of five. My highest ranking Generals."

"We searched Long Feng's office." the General bowed. "I think we found something that will interest everybody."

—————————
Re-Edited; 7/30/21