CHAPTER 55

After that small practice we went up to the mountain and saw the other men I thanked her and she left. We waited for Aang and Zuko. They came up and I walked over seeing that Aang still had his fire.

   "Cool what are you wearing?" Aang asked and I smiled.

   "Not important right now." I replied. "You actually got it up here. I never had a doubt."

   "Facing the judgement of the firebending masters will be very dangerous for you." The Chief said to Zuko. "Your ancestors are directly responsible for the dragons disappearence. The masters might not be so happy to see you."

   "I know I wouldn't be." The man who called us thieves last night sang.

   "No one cares what you think." I said and he backed away.

   "But once they find out I'm the Avatar." Aang said.

   "Have you forgotten that you vanished allowing the Fire Nation to reek havik on the world?! The decline of the dragons is your burden too!" The Chief told him. The ceremony was starting.

   "Hey it's okay." I said trying to get the worried looks off their faces. "They're just trying to break you down. You two can do this, I know you can."

   "Did you get your firebending back?" Aang asked and I nodded showing him. "Great we can turn back now, we already learned more about fire than we hoped."

   "No." Zuko said. "We're seeing this through to the end. We're gonna meet these masters and find out what's so great about them."

   "What if they judge us and attack us?" Aang asked.

   "Well we're the fire prince and the Avatar." Zuko replied. "I think we can take these guys in a fight, whoever they are."

   I rolled my eyes at the kids cocky-ness. "It's your decision." I said to the both of them and they decided to do it. "Good luck."

   I walked away and watched as the Sun Warriors formed a circle every other one was sitting with drums and the others standing holding rings of fire.

   "Bring them out!" Zuko said.

   The drummers hit their drums and started singing, while the others where were sitting bowed.
   I watched them walk up the stairs. Those who wish to meet the masters Ran and Shaw will now present their fire. Someone annouced and Zuko and Aang turned different ways and presented their fires.
   I saw Aang had lost his fire and was trying to take some from Zuko who tried to stop him. I shook my head and pinced the bridge of my nose.

   "Stop cheating off me!" Zuko yelled at the Avatar.

   "Quit being stingy." Aang yelled at him. I watched them fight and in the end they both had no flame to present.

   "Idiots.." I whispered worried for the two.

    The masters came out and they were the dragons that Mika told me about. The Sun Warriors got down bowing and I did the same but I watched Zuko and Aang start to peform the dance. When it was time to be judged I heard them scream but they weren't burned, they were swirled by a colorful funnel of fire made by the drangons. The two came down scratch free.

   "Their fire was beautiful." Zuko said. "I saw so many colors, colors I've never imagined."

   "Like firebending harmony." Aang said.

   "Yes they judged you and gave you visions of the meaning of firebending." The Chief explained.

   "I can't believe there's still living dragons." Zuko said. "My uncle Iroh said he faced the last dragon and killed it."

   "So your uncle lied." Aang said.

   "Not entiely, Iroh was the last outsider to face the masters they deemed him worthy and passed the secret onto him as well." The chief told him.

   "He lied to proctect them." I said with a smile. "So no one else would come and hunt them."

   "For the longest time I thought firebending was destruction." Aang said. "Since I hurt Katara I was too afraid and hesitant but then Mirai slowly started to show me what it really was and now I know what it really is! It's energy and life."

   "Yeah it's like the sun but inside of you." Zuko said. "Do you guys realize this?"

   I pinched the bridge of my nose. "They are called the Sun Warriors." I said.

   "That's why my firebending was so weak before." Zuko said and looked at Aang. "Because for so many years hunting you was my drive! It was my purpose so when I joined you I lost sight of my inner fire. But now I have a new drive. I have to help you defeat my father and restore balance to the world."

   Zuko firebended and so did Aang so I did too. We looked at each other proud of one another.

   "Now that you have learned the secrets and you know about our tribes existance we have no choice but to imprison you here forever." The Chief said and smiled. "Just kidding but seriously don't tell anyone."

   "Thank you." I bowed and we left heading back home.

3RD PERSON POV

   Mika and The Sun Warrior Chief watched as Mirai left with the two boys on the flying bison showing off her bending along with Aang while Zuko is scowling at them.

   "She looks just like her mother in the traditional tribe wear." The Chief said sadly.

   "She's just as strong as all the women in her family." Mika said. "I gave her Himiko's old clothes."

   "Did you tell her, you are her grandmother?" The man asked his mother who shook her heard.

   "No, but I told her she could come and bring her children." Mika smiled at her son. "Himiko, would have been proud of her daughter."

   "I'm proud of my niece." The Chief said. "Her energy was pure from miles away, they share that."

   Mika wiped her own tears as they went back to the temple.

End of 3RD PERSON POV

⇨ ⇨ ⇨

   "With this technique the dragons showed us Zuko and I will be unstoppable." Aang said as he and Zuko did the Dragon Dance for everyone and we all clapped.

   "Yeah that's a great dance you two learned there." Sokka teased.

   "It's not a dance, it's a firebending form." Zuko replied.

   "We'll just tap dance our way to victory over the Fire Lord." Sokka continued and I laughed with him.

   "It's a sacred form that happends to be over a thousand years old!" Zuko shouted stopping in front of us.

   "Oh yeah?" Katara asked. "What's your little form called?"

   Zuko paused for a second. "The Dancing Dragon." He said and we laughed that made him twitch.

   "I think it's great." Kaida said to him and he smiled back, she turned to me. "Did you learn the dance?"

   "I didn't have too." I smirked. "I'm a descendent of the Sun Warriors. I had another teacher, she wasn't known as the master but she was amazing and I learned a little more about my family it was amazing."

   So much for keeping it a secret.

   "That's so cool." Kaida said.

   "These bimbos basically helped me by doing all the work.. I mean aside from a stupid mistake Prince oo shiny made." I teased.

   Zuko tried to explain the situation and why we shouldn't laugh but that only made us laugh more.

—————————
Edited; 8/1/21