CHAPTER 04

We began walking again, I glanced over at Sokka who had a sour face as he looked at me, his boomerang in hand, ready to be thrown. The boy clearly didn't trust me at all, but I couldn't blame him, I wouldn't trust a Fire Nation citizen either.
   Even so, I couldn't stop myself from rolling my eyes. Something about Sokka was just annoying and frustrating.
   I was pulled from my thoughts by the low rumble that came from our feet, we looked up to see the rock coming down. I had forgotten that today the resistance was going to take out the family of the governor. I heard Aang gasp and I knew what he was going to do.

"Wait!" I called but Aang hit the boulder away from hitting the family.

"The resistance!" Mai's mother shouted and Mai thew her knives up at Aang.

   "Idiot." I muttered and pulled out my kyoketsu to block the knives and pushed everyone to start running.

We were running but Katara and I stopped to fight, I knocked down the guards with my kyoketsu and Katara created a wall of ice to block some knives as Mai ran towards us.
   We continued running and I stood back using my kyoketsu-shoge to trip her as Aang knocked down the shelves. We watched her but then we fell through the floor. I groaned rubbing the back of my head.

   "Mirai!" I looked at Annchi with a sheepish smile.
   They were also ready to attack the intruders that ruined their plan.

   "It's okay." I stood up. "This is the Avatar, He's here to uhh..help us."

⇨ ⇨ ⇨

   "The day of the invasion we readied ourselves for battle." Captain Yung began to explain. "We were prepared to defend our city, to fight for our lives and for our freedom but before we even had a chance, King Bumi surrender.
   The day of the invasion, I asked King Bumi, What he wanted to do, he looked me in the eye and said 'I'm going to do nothing.' It doesn't matter now, fighting the Fire Nation is the only path to freedom. And freedom is worth dying for."

   "Actually there's another path." Aang said and we all looked at him. "You could leave Omashu. You're directing all your energy to fight the Fire Nation but you're out numbered, you can't win. Now's your time to retreat so you can live to fight another day."

   "You don't understand, They've taken our home!" Captain Yung told the young Avatar. "And we have to fight them at any cost."

   "No dad." Annchi spoke up. "The Avatar is right. Living to fight another day sounds good, we need to strategize. Right Mirai?"

   I smiled down at her. "Yes, If we don't stop fighting, we could lose everything then we would have fought for nothing." Everyone began to agree in a whisper.

   "Fine." Captain Yung replied. "But there's thousands of citizens that need to leave. How are we gonna get them all out?"

   "Suckers!" Sokka said and we looked at him.

   "What'd you say?" I gripped the front of his shirt ready to punch him.

   "No no." He panicked. "You're all about to come down with a nasty case of pente pox."

‧͙⁺˚*・༓☾ ☀︎༓・*˚⁺‧͙

   In the morning Captain Yung sent Daiyu, Annchi, and I out to gathered as many purple pente-pus as we could. Which was disgusting since they lived in the sewers.

   "They're so cute." Annchi said with an adorable smile and I smiled at her.

   "Hey Mirai?" I looked at Daiyu. "Why were you out last night?"

   "Oh..I uh just get tired of being trapped underground." I lied.

   "Right." She said not entirely believing me and I couldn't help but feel bad.