CHAPTER 39

Eventually Sokka's mustache and beard came off and I highly appreciated it, allowing him to pepper my face with kisses whenever we were alone, which wasn't very often but it was better than nothing. Which leads me to explain how much I loved the scheduled breaks from our endless ride.
   We ended up landing in a dirty river, I watched with disgust as Aang went and played in it while Sokka was fishing. We planned on leaving because we wouldn't find food here but Aang spotted a town in the middle of the river.
   The town was old and really needed help, I was disappointed in the state of the town but I wasn't surprised that it had gotten so bad. The Fire Nation had a factory that poured its waste into the river.
Katara managed to help as the painted lady and destroyed the factory, we helped her save the village from the company worker but the villagers found out she wasn't the real spirit that they prayed too. We ended up helping them clean the river and we left.

   We travelled some more and set up camp only to see blue streaks in the sky. It was beautiful enough to take our attention, we all found a giant flat rock and laid on our backs to watch the metro shower, the blue streaks falling across the dark sky making it impossible to look away.

   "Wow this is amazing to watch." Katara said.

   "Kinda makes you realize how insignificant we are." Sokka said.

   "Ehh. You see nothing once, you've seen it a thousand times." Toph said.

   "You mean you haven't seen it." I joked and she shoves me off.

   There were more quickly falling and then we saw a really big one coming down. "Oh man! You've never not seen anything like this!" Sokka said as we sat up. The blue rock was flying a few feet just above us and crashed causing a fire.

   We went over to check it out. "The fire is going to destroy the town!" I said.

   "Not if we can stop it!" Aang replied and we landed. Katara went to get water while Toph and Aang made a trench to keep the fire from getting closer. "I'll start to extinguish it!" I told them.

   "What should I do?!" Sokka asked.

   "Keep an eye on Momo." Aang told him.

   "So what I'm just a lemur sitter?!" Sokka asked.

   "The best one there is!" I said trying to make him feel better.

   As Toph and Aang buil the trench I extinguished the fire, but it wasn't really doing much since I was one person and the fire was growing rapidly, but I managed to help keep it at bay. Katara came back and created a rain fall over the fire while Toph used flat eath plates to take more of it out, since it was getting smaller it was much easier for me to extinguish.
   Aang was handed the water and shot it at the rest of the fire, accidentally hitting Sokka as well but in the end we cleared the fire and snow from the water fell making us smile.

   "Good work everybody." Aang said with a smile.

   I looked down into the hole to see Sokka buried in a pile of snow, I slid down and melted it for him but his teeth still chattered and he hugged himself.

   "I can warm you up too, y'know." I told him only to get a small eye roll as he walked up and out of the hole. "What's up with him?"

   I wondered but dropped it, thinking that maybe he was just having a bad day or something and the mext morning he would be fine.

‧͙⁺˚* ☀︎⁺‧͙

   We went to sleep and in the morning we went to the town for a meal. We sat at a table enjoying the food and talking.

   "These people have no idea how close they were to getting toasted last night." Aang said as he sat with us.