CHAPTER 27

I rolled my eyes as he turned around, we followed him around looking for people who didn't exists.  Eventually Toph found Aang and Sokka so we walked over, thankfully managing to get away from Long Feng.

"Another crab puff, please." She told the boy in uniform.

"You found us!" Aang smiled and Sokka offered the girl food from the tray.

"I know your little footsteps anywhere, Tinkle Toes." She took the food.

   "Thanks for letting us in!" Sokka said sarcastically.

   "No sweat." I winked and he gave me a sarcastic smile. "Look the guy who escorted us in won't let us out of his sight."

   "What guy?" Sokka asked and we looked around.

   "What are you doing here?" I rolled my eyes at that voice, it was Joo Dee but she did sound worried and now she wasn't smiling. "You have to leave immediately or we'll all be in terrible trouble."

   "Not until we see the King!" Sokka replied, resisting her.

   "You don't understand. You must go!" She pushed him back and that made him bump into Aang who ended up spilling tea on someone.

   The woman shrieked and Aang apologized and dried her with air. She realised it was the Avatar and everyone looked at him. Sokka whispered something to Aang who got on the table and started bending the colorful drinks as he entertained everyone.

   "Come on." Sokka pulled on my arm. "We have to use this time to look for the King."

   "All right, but how are we gonna find him?" I asked just then music started playing and they were carrying out a palanquin, Sokka and I slowly made our way to the front and told Aang as he was coming the Dai Li took the King away.

   "Sokka!" I whisper shouted but he got past me and tried running after the King only to be caught by Dai Li agents.

   I got down and started crawling away which was working pretty well until a hand made of rock slammed right next to me, I rolled under the table.

   "Damn it. Why is it always us?" I grumbled and made my way out only to hit my head against a set of legs. I nervously smiled up at the Dai Li agents. "Dropped my fork." I went back under and tried to get away but they pulled me out. "Let go you creeps!"

   They shoved me into the library with the others. I glared at agents as Sokka ran to me.

   "Are you okay? Are you hurt?" Did they hurt you? You probably should have stayed home." Sokka ranted.

   "I'm fine!" I told him and he took a step back. I sighed feeling sorry. "I can take care of myself." I said while looking at the door just as Long Feng walked in with Aang.

   Aang stood with us while Long Feng sat in front of us.

   "Why won't you let us talk to the King?!" Sokka demanded. "We have infromation that can defeat the Fire Nation!"

   "The Earth King has no time to get involved in political squabbles and day to day manusha of military activity." Long Feng replied.

   "It's almost like that should be his job." I said sarcastically

   "This could be the most important think he's ever heard!" Aang told the man.

   "What's most important to his royal majesty is maintaining the cultural heritage of Ba Sing Se." Long Feng replied. "All his duties relate to issuing decrees on such matters, it's my job to over see the rest of the city's resources. Including the military." I wanted to smack the smirk off his face.