CHAPTER 17

The spirit tried attacking us so we couldn't leave but we ran out of the room, Sokka stopped after we lost the bird but he wanted to go back to find out when the next eclipse will be.

   "Sokka, don't be stupid." I said. He told us to go but I slipped under the bird as it went after Katara and the professor. "Let's hurry or else this will be pointless!"

   "Why are we doing this?!" Aang asked as we ran in.

   "Because the calendar can tell us about eclipses in the past then maybe it can predict when the next one will be!" Sokka explained moving the dial.

   "You can't possible check every date!" Aang said.

   "I don't have too! We just have to check every date before Sozin's comet arrives because after that...Well.... Try not to think about it." Sokka explained.

   We continued to check every date while I kept watch until finally we found it. It was just a few months away.

   "Got it!" Sokka wrote down the date.

   "Great let's get out of here!" I said and we ran out.

We saw the bird ready to attack Katara and the three of us attacked it. He told us about all the fighting styles he knew so we couldn't beat him but of course Sokka had to be Sokka, full of surprises.

   "That's called Sokka style." Sokka told the bird who was knocked out by the hit. "Learn it!"

   We started climbing up the rope but Sokka stopped to tell the professor to come but Zei wanted to stay and we tried leaving him but the bird woke up from it's slumber and shook the rope causing us to fall, Aang caught Katara and Sokka but I was descending quickly.

   "Mirai!" I heard Sokka scream.

   My heart stopped as I felt my body freeze, I wasn't gonna let myself die, especially not here with these guys.
   I used all the power I could and used my firebending as a booster jet. I was right behind the bird. The others got out and the bird quickly turned to me. I dodged it my heart racing as I was starting to feel tired from using most of my energy on trying to get up.

   "Toph! Wait!" It was the last thing I heard.

   I was lost in pitch blackness. I wasn't sure if I was still in the library or if I made it out. My heart raced and I tried moving but there was so much pressure on me. I could feel the sand entering my nose making me want to sneeze. I started to feel like I was going to faint but I wasn't sure if it was real or it was just the sense of darkness.
   I tried moving but that was hard, it felt like something heavy was placed over me and honestly the more I moved the more I felt like I was sinking deeper. Suddenly the pressure was lifted off of me and I inhaled which was the worst idea in the world, I coughed and sneezed like crazy.
   I opened my eyes to have them sting by the the sand getting into them. Katara used some water to clean them out but my lungs burned from being coated in sand.

   "You're okay!" Sokka cheered and pat my back and I glared at him.

   "I hate these near death experiences!" I rasped trying to brush it off like all the other times but I couldn't.

   "Here have some more water." Katara said.

   "We got it!" Sokka smiled. "There's a solar eclipse coming!" He hugged his sister but I looked at Aang then around.

   "Where's Appa?" Aang asked Toph, who was curled up shaking her head.

   The wind began to pick up carrying the sand with it. Aang was yelling at Toph for letting them take Appa.
   I was still caught up on the almost dying part. I was buried in sand and everything. They were really gonna leave me?! I was brought back by Toph's voice.