CHAPTER 28

Aang and Katara wanted to go find a place to print out lost bison flyers so they were gone for most of the morning. Sokka was trying to make his own posters, Toph was relaxing as always and I was feeding Momo by throwing food in the air and watched as he caught them.
   It was a nice day today so if we were gonna go looking for Appa today was the perfect day.

   "We found a printer to make our posters!" Katara and Aang ran in and showed us a poster.

   "Wow!" I smiled at how official and professional it looked.

   "Hey!" Sokka sat up. "I thought designing the lost Appa, poster was my job. I've been working all day on my Appa." He held up his poster which wasn't the best but it was cute.

   "Sokka, the arrows on Appa's head!" Aang said and I chuckled.

   "This is his head." He handed it to Katara.

   "Why are feet coming out of it?" She asked.

   "Those are his horns!" Sokka corrected her, taking the paper back and lowering his head. "I haven't seen him in a while, okay?"

   "It looks just like him to me!" Toph said happily.

   "Thank you, I worked really-" Sokka stopped smiling and I laughed. "Why do you feel the need to do that?"

   "Sokka, yours is adorable." I smiled before kissing his cheek. "But let's stick to the professional version." He ripped up the piece of paper.
   I felt kind of bad and picked up the pieces hoping to put it back together and keep it. I really did think it was cute.

   "Come on let's get busy!" Aang exclaimed and went on his glider to spead the flyers faster.

   While he was gone I practiced with my Kyoketsu-shoges since it's been so long since I last used them. After practicing I sat down next to Sokka to watch him play a game against Katara.
   Soon Aang and Momo came back.

   "I just finished dropping off all the leaf letters." Aang said. "Has anyone come in with news about, Appa?"

   "It's only been a day." Katara said setting down a piece of wood for a game she was playing with Sokka. "Just be patient."

   Aang sat down then there was a knock on the door. "Wow you're right! Patience really pays off!" He ran and opened the door. "Joo Dee?!"

   "Hello Aang." It was the original one, she greeted as she walked in. "And Katara and Sokka and Toph and Mirai."

   "What happened to you? Did the Dai Li throw you in jail?" Sokka asked as we all stood in front of her.

   "What?" She asked. "Jail? Of course not, the Dai Li are the protectors of our cultural heritage."

   "But you disappeared at the Earth King's party." Toph told her.

   "Oh I simply took a short vacation to Lake Laogai, out in the country." Joo Dee explained. "It was quite relaxing."

   "But they replaced you with some Joo Dee, clone who looked nothing like you but she kept saying her name was, Joo Dee." I explained.

   "I'm Joo Dee." She replied.

   "Why are you here?" Aang asked.

   "Dropping flyer and putting up posters isn't permitted within the city." She answered handing him a poster. "Not without proper clearence."

   "We can't wait around to get permission for everything!" Sokka said.

   "You are absolutely forbidden by the rules of city from putting up anymore posters." She said.

   "WE DON'T CARE ABOUT THE RULES AND WE'RE NOT ASKING PERMISSION! WE'RE FINDING, APPA ON OUR OWN AND YOU SHOULD JUST STAY OUT OF OUR WAY!" Aang yelled at her and slammed the door.

   "Go, Aang." I smirked placing my hands on my hips. "I didn't think you had it in you."

   "That might come back to bite us in the blubber." Sokka said

   "When has it not?" I asked rhetorically.

   "I don't care from now on we do whatever it takes to find, Appa." Aang said.

   "Yeah let's break some rules!" Toph cheered and blew a hole in the wall.

   I smiled and we walked out through the door instead of the hole. We walked around and started hanging up the posters.

⇨ ⇨ ⇨

   "We'll split up to cover more ground." Sokka said. "Toph, I guess you should just come with me."

   "Why because you think I can't put up posters on my own?!" She asked her arms crossed in front of her. She grabbed a poster and brush and placed it on the wall upside down. "It's upside down isn't it? I'll just go with, Sokka."

   We all went seperate ways and I was putting up posters and then I heard something, it sounded like water so I ran over to where Katara was putting up posters.

   "Katara, what is it?" Sokka asked as we all met her at the same time.

   "Jet's back." She said and we looked at the boy she had pinned to the wall. "We can't trust anything Jet, says!"

   "But we don't even know why he's here!" Sokka told her.

   "I don't care why he's here!" Katara shouted. "Whatever the reason is, it can't be good."

   "I'm here to help you find, Appa!" Jet answered and looked at his hand that held the paper he let it fall open.

   "Katara, we have to give him a chance." Aang said.

   "I swear I've changed." Jet said. "I was a troubled person and I let my anger get out of control but I don't even have the gang now! I've put all that behind me!"

   "You're lying!" Katara shouted and Toph walked over touching the wall.

   "He's not lying." Toph said.

   "How can you tell?" I asked.

   "I can feel his breathing and heart beat." Toph answered. "When people lie, there's a physical reaction, he's telling the truth."

   "Katara, we don't have any other leads." Aang said "If Jet, says he can take us to Appa, we have to check it out."

   "All right." Katara replied. "But we're not letting you out of our sight."

   She let him go and we followed him but Sokka stopped me and we slowly followed the others.

   "Don't tell him your Fire Nation." He said.

   "Are you embarrased by me?" I teased and he shook his head. "Why not?"

   "Jet, doesn't seem crazy but when it comes to the Fire Nation he can be... let's just say, hardcore." Sokka said.

   "Sokka, I can handle a egotistical manic." I said then muttered. "I was friends with one."

   We got to a barn but Appa wasn't there, Katara asked Jet if this was a trap and he said no, then the old guy sweeping told us they took Appa yesterday, to Whaletail Island. Sokka looked on the map and it was far away but we had to go to get Appa. Jet said he would come but Katara didn't want him to. He asked why she wouldn't trust him.

   "Geez I wonder." Katara sarcastically said.

   "This guy an ex or something?" I asked.

   "What?! No!" Katara denied and I smiled.

   "I can tell you're lying!" Toph sang.

   Katara quickly walked away and we followed with smirks.

————————
Little Toph and Mirai moments. chef kiss Toph literally deserves the world.

Edited; 12/20/20
Re-Edited; 7/29/21